Just taking a quick peak - then I'll be gone.....

Thread: Just taking a quick peak - then I'll be gone.....

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust taking a quick peak - then I'll be gone.....

I just "realized" that at 8 years old, Skippy is approaching "old age". He has always been healthy, but has had several "orthopedic injuries" that have required surgery. He has always been fed quality food and gets plenty of exercise and lovin. When does "old age start?" I hope I don't need to be a regular in this section for a while, but i hear the horses hooves in the distance (now where did I come up with THAT one?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tundra Aries Guest

DefaultRe: Just taking a quick peak - then I'll be gone.....

Aries is 12 years old and I have to say that he's doing great! He's keeping up with my other Labradors Tundra that's only 4 years old, though Aries was always the let me eat, sleep, drink and poop kinda dogs, never liked to play, but is getting up and doing pretty good for his age...sometimes I don't even realise he's that old.

Here's to many more years of having a healthy Lab.

I hope Skippy doesn't keep having orthopedica injuries though. Poor thing

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

Old age (senior) starts at age 7. Full blood work should be done from this age and every year after to check organ function so if something is off it can be caught early and hopefully corrected or kept in check.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

I really didn't realize that "senior-hood" started at the age of 7 :surprise: Hopefully we have at least several good, active years left - he's just starting his obedience career!

Tundra Aries Guest

I didn't realise senior started at 7 either, I will tell you that Aries runs around and sometimes Tundra 4 years old can't keep up I'm soooo serious, I have to post videos of him, maybe I'll have my Jaime post them on here.

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snowco Labradors
    Old age (senior) starts at age 7. Full blood work should be done from this age and every year after to check organ function so if something is off it can be caught early and hopefully corrected or kept in check.
    I didn't realize this either. Libby turned 7 last month and I just can't bear to think she is old now. Keep those horses hooves away from us! :scare: