hearing loss

Thread: hearing loss

Barron Bunch is offline Senior Member

Defaulthearing loss

How many of your seniors have experienced hearing loss or diminshed hearing? Our oldest rescue is probably 11 or 12 years old and though she still hears fairly well I've noticed that she can't always hear me if she's in the back of the yard or if I come home and she's alseep in our bedroom she doesn't always hear me come in.

I need to start working on hand signals with her - my other dogs all know hand signals but we never taught them to her.

How about you guys? Any issues with hearing or vision that you're working on?
    Dina &amp; The Barron Bunch<br />STLRR - Southeast Texas Labrador Retriever Rescue

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tundra Aries Guest

DefaultRe: hearing loss

I don't have any problems with eyes yet, no cateracts, but the hearing is going, Aries will be 12 years old on April 3rd, he doesn't hear that good at all, sometimes I have to stand in front of him and wave to him to come here, pretty much do hand signals.

lab13 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: hearing loss

Our lab will be 13 in June and we have just noticed some hearing loss with her.
    She is presently on a two month trial for a drug called Anipryl which is to help treat cognative disorders in older dogs. One of the symptoms listed was hearing loss so we are hoping that this might help her.
    Good luck.