Eyes

Thread: Eyes

mosmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultEyes

OK, Mo will be 10 in May. I'm not sure if it's just me, but it almost looks like his eyes are getting a little cloudy looking. Anyone else notice this in their seniors?
    Mo
    May 17, 1998 - May 20, 2009

The Love of My Life
    Rest in peace my Sweet Chocolate
    I Love You and Miss You so much

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

skippin is offline Member

DefaultRe: Eyes

I love the distinguished look of a graying Lab! Could be the start of cataracts, so maybe have the vet look at his next checkup.

Tundra Aries Guest

I think Mo may have cataracts like about mentioned, all of my mothers Labradors got it as they got older, I'm actually suprised that Aries doesn't have it yet, I think his may be a little cloudy, I'm going to have to check when I get home.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I will do that. He has to get some blood work on 3/22, so I'll ask her then. The other thing I thought of was he has that ulcer and had surgery and wonder if that could be part of it...... he is distinguished looking, isn't he? LOL
    Mo

The Love of My Life

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

It's normal for an old dog's eyes to get kind of cloudy. I can't remember when Mick's started getting cloudy, or the Siberian/GSD we had years ago. But it never hurts to ask the vet.

haydysch is offline Junior Member

Had my soon to be 11 year old lab in for removal of warts and the vet asked me if I had noticed her cloudy eyes. He said it was cataracts. She seems to see alright so they must not be too opaque yet.

totiegirl is offline Senior Member

I noticed Totie's eyes changing slightly some time last year, she is now 12. Her eyesight doesn't seem to be affected in any way though. Im taking her to the vet some time soon for a checkup so will see what they say.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

I have 2 11 year olds, 1 has perfect vision and sparkling hazel eyes still and the other is completely blind from cateracts. Like humans, we all age differently i guess.

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

That's true...we all do age differently... :no:
    Mo

The Love of My Life

LIMO