Rescued Gentle Senior Lab seeks new home DFW Texas

Thread: Rescued Gentle Senior Lab seeks new home DFW Texas

Lepigardener is offline Junior Member

DefaultRescued Gentle Senior Lab seeks new home DFW Texas

ABOUT HOUDINI THE GREAT:
    Houdini is a very calm, quiet, gentle ole giant. Only his sweet white masked face gives his age away. He gets along great with all 4 of my shelter dogs and ignores cats & parrots. He never begs or jumps up. He knows how to walk on a leash, sit, shake and stay. He loves people, adults and kids. He knows how to use a doggie door and is 100% housetrained. His is UTD on shots as of May 2009, Rabies is good for 3 yrs, he is flea free, his ear infections are gone, he is microchipped & has free registration on 24 hr pet watch. He is heartworm positive & will soon be treated for heartworms by Pound Pals. I have him on senior vitamins & Rachel Ray’s Nutrish dog food. Houdini also has health insurance in which his deductable has already been met. This can be continued by his adopter at $35 a month. This doesn't cover yearly check-up or vaccines.
    Check out Houdini's Dogster Adoption Website: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/995317
    ADOPTION INFO: Adoption fee is $150 application can be found here: http://poundpals.cfsites.org/custom.php?pageid=16199

5/8/09:
    Houdini was found jogging across a busy street in the dark. Once I was able to examine him it was evident this sweet old gentlemen had not had an owner who took care of him. His backbone and hip bones stuck out, he was infested with fleas and flea poop which caused him to have a bacterial skin infection, he had bacterial & yeast infections in both ears, had never been neutered & later we found out he has heartworms. It was obvious this guy has been neglected for quite some time. Since the local shelter was closed & I had 4 shelter dogs of my own, he stayed at my best friend's house till I could come back and retrieve him the next morning. The next day I took him to Arlington Animal Shelter to see if he was microchipped. NOPE! His owners never claimed him & after 3 days on claim hold, he went up for adoption. An adoption application was filled out for him 2 days later, but once the heartworm test came back positive, the adopters decided not to adopt him. I was then notified by the shelter, then named Sunny, would be PTS the next business day!

5/18/09:
    So, on his death day, I sponsored the cost to adopted Sunny, now Houdini the Great into PoundPals. After being neutered, micro-chipped & vaccinated, I took him home to my pack of dogs on 5/19/09 crossing my fingers that they would all get along. Houdini is so laid back, he doesn't care who is in his face and who is sniffing him where. So far it's working out beautifully.

UPDATE 7/15/09:
    Houdini has put on enough weight to where now none of his bones are sticking out. He looks so beautiful! We have no idea what his name was from his original owners, but he definitely knows his new name HOUDINI! He is a great dog! Houdini started his AKC Canine Good Citizen classes with Gone to the Dogs on 7/16/09. I have no doubt he will pass the test and earn his award and title of CGC dog. He was found with a training collar on, so this class should only be a refresher for this very intellegent guy.
    Don't BREED or BUY while LABS in Shelters DIE!
    Don't LITTER! Spay & Neuter

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

He is adorable!!!!