Synovi-G3

Thread: Synovi-G3

imported_Ninemiler is offline Senior Member

DefaultSynovi-G3

Has anyone tried Synovi-GS (a nutritional supplement for geriatric dogs) with their old pal?

My vet has recommended we try this for a few months to see if it helps my 'ole Bessie with her arthritis. I'm don't want her on Rimadyl, and am curious if anyone on this board has any experience with Synovi.

Thanks!
    <br /><br />&quot;My little dog -- a heartbeat at my feet.&quot;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; --Edith Wharton

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

My Savannah is offline Junior Member

DefaultRe: Synovi-G3

I have never tried that but we do use Drs Foster and Smith Joint Care Primary Plus for Savannie's old bones.
    Laura and Savannah

TBGSAM is offline Senior Member

We just switched our seniors over to synovi-g3. Coleman was mis-diagnosed for lyme this past year after switching vets I spoke with our rescue and synovi g3 is something they recommended. We started the kids on it around the 15th of last month and have had wonderful results so far. Before you could hear Colemans hips grind when he would lean against you for a back scratch or when lifting him into the back of the suv- they us a ramp to get out. Already there is a marked improvement with his hips the noise is still there but it isn't as loud or as often. There is a major difference with Coleman and how he feels - he is still on deramaxx 50mg a day for his hd and knees as opposed to him being on 100mg a day before his treatment for lyme. He has more stamina for standing and playing with his siblings even our youngest at 5 months. I am excited for Coleman he has been through so much with the lyme and lupus this past year it is good to see him up and moving around back to his puppy playfulness as he has tp'd the family room twice last month
    Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05, Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jessica is offline Junior Member

Yes.

I have an almost new container of it left over from my senior boy who had Cushings Disease.

Although it is expensive, I really think it is worth the cost in regards of what it can do for your pet.

Here's the website for DVM pharmaceuticals:

http://dvmpharmaceuticals.com/

You can shop for the product online, and usually find good deals. I always bought the 60 dose containers because they usually offered the best as far as pricing went.

imported_Ninemiler is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback. I've started my old girl on Synovi-G3 and I'm hoping it helps with her arthritis (I'm really reluctant to start her on Rimadyl). Her blood test also showed that her thyroid is slightly out of whack...so she just started meds for that. Hate to see Bessie getting old and having all these health issues develop. She's always been such a healthy, athletic Lab. But, as long as she's comfy and happy, so am I.
    <br /><br />&quot;My little dog -- a heartbeat at my feet.&quot;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; --Edith Wharton

gerst001 is offline Senior Member

Good product, Honest company!