A tribute to our sweet Bogey

Thread: A tribute to our sweet Bogey

bogeysmom is offline Junior Member

DefaultA tribute to our sweet Bogey

On October 30, 2006 we said goodbye to our 13 yr. old yellow lab, Bogey.* We tried to prepare ourselves for this day but we had no idea how hard it would be to lose our sweet boy.* Our house seems empty without him.* I would advise all lab owners to give your lab an extra hug each day because once they are gone you will miss them more than words can describe.* I would give anything to feel those velvet soft ears and see those big brown eyes once again.* Bogey was the lab that made everyone love labs.* He was the dog that friends offered to keep when we went out of town; the dog that made friends knock on your door with a new dog toy for; the dog that children always gravitated to for a pet because he was so gentle; he was everything you would want in a friend.* He will live in our hearts forever.

I would like to include a picture of Bogey but when I try to attach it, its rejected saying the file is to large.* Any suggestions?

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hark67 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A tribute to our sweet Bogey

I am so very sorry for you loss. I know that empty feeling all too well and your advise is golden. These dear dogs are never with us long enough and we need to remember that and spend that extra time with them.

You where lucky to have such a wonderful friend. A friend that touched so many hearts. I look forward to seeing pictures of your special boy.

Missing you, my friend.
    1/9/1992 - 4/25/2006

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry :'( I can only imagine how hard it is for you to be without your best friend. I often think about the day I will be in your position, and it feels heartbreaking. And I'm sure it will be even more heartbreaking than I can imagine... They are always here too short time.

I will give Emma an extra hug right know.

Run free sweet Bogey, run free... :'(
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

polark13 is offline Senior Member

i'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Bogey - it truly is amazing how deep into our hearts these labs get.
    All the best through this incredibly tough time.
    <br />Ellis (brown) &amp; Yukon (yellow) - Sadly, we helped Ellis &quot;move along&quot; on Feb 22, 2007 at age 15 1/2 - and Yukon died suddenly on Feb 1st, 2006 - 4 days before his 11th birthday.&nbsp; We are devestated.

imported_Ninemiler is offline Senior Member

Bless you for loving Bogey, and bless Bogey for loving you. They are our hearts, those old Labs who become our footwarmers and our shadows. Be happy you had your Bogey...and may everyone have a chance at their once-in-a-lifetime dog.

Those of us who have had to say goodbye to these Labs truly do understand your pain. It does get better, but for many months you really will cry at the mere thought of Bogie. That's the price we pay for loving them as much as we do.
    <br /><br />&quot;My little dog -- a heartbeat at my feet.&quot;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; --Edith Wharton

Dawn is offline Senior Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I am sure Bogey was as fortunate to have had you as you were to have had him. Sending heartfelt condolences to you and all of Bogey's friends and fans.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Sounds like he had a very special place in many hearts. My deepest sympathy to you.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo