diet

Thread: diet

lab13 Guest

Defaultdiet

What do you feed your senior lab? My lab has just turned ll in June. She eats Eukanuba.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: diet

My lab Gus is the baby in the family, 6 years old, and on a diet (Hills R/d) but all my other dogs are seniors. Blue (nearly 16 yo heeler) and Scooby (nearly 14 yo heeler x goldie) are both on Hills Senior and doing really well on it Matt (10 yo German Shorthaired Pointer) has always had issues with keeping weight on so he is on Hills Active.

Won't someone please feed me!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Emma eats Hills Science Plan Senior Light.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

Auggie (10 1/2 yr. b. f. ) is being fed Solid Gold Hundenflocken,
    Solid Gold Seameal, flax oil, heaping tsp. cottage cheese, and 2+/- oz. of raw low fat hamberger. am topped with a tsp. plain yogurt and pm appropriate supper leftovers 8) .

8/16/06 update
    Auggie has been a bit "off" the last two weeks, so I have spent a lot of time 'searching' and found:

http://dogtorj.tripod.com/index.html

I have quit giving her dairy as of Sat evening. We have a vet appt. tomorrow and at that time will get the goahead to switch to a high protien, gluten (grain and soy) free kibble.
    ???

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

1 cup Diamond Low Fat w/ one 14.5 oz can of green beans 2x daily along with a no salt cracker and a dolup of peanut butter as a vehicle for meds and jjoint supplements 3x daily

labby is offline Senior Member

My dogs are on the ProPlan Selects. Biggest thing with a senior is you do NOT want to cut back on protein. That will contribute to muscle loss. The heart is the biggest muscle in the body.

Laura

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

Auggie's vet appt. this afternoon went well. All kinds of blood work done and several tests being 'sent out' along with an abdominal x-ray that looked normal - no tumors glaring back at us. She has been not feeling well for about two weeks and started getting better yesterday and is better than that today, but we kept the appt we had made hoping to find out why she had been so "puney". Most of the 'symptoms' were behavioral, like she had a headache and wanted to be alone and in the quiet. ??? And a very firm, mildly distended abdomen in the evening after 'supper'.

I should know by early next week if I can make the switch from
    Hundenflocken: 22% Protein, 10% oils over to
    Barking At the Moon: 42% Protein, 20% oils. It is grain, dairy and soy free.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

Mygirls2 is offline Senior Member

Sophie ((Born 3/18/1993) eats Kirkland Chicken and Rice. She is really showing her age. Numerous tumors, arthritis, cataracts, deafness. We are giving her pretty much what she wants for treats and trying to keep her active.