Hooch & Shadow So Cute Together

Thread: Hooch & Shadow So Cute Together

Samsmom1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultHooch & Shadow So Cute Together

This is only our third weekend with Hooch and things are going so well with him, Shadow and Dava.

Dava has really just allowed him to get comfortable without much trouble which is such a relief. She seems to have accepted the fact that he's one of us now.

Shadow, though, has really become Hooch's Best Pal. We go to the park everyday and they walk side by side, sniffing and marking everything. Sometimes they're nose to nose sniffing and then go but to but to mark the same spot. It's soooo funny. A little while ago, I had all of them in the bedroom while my husband dealt with the plumber. I sat on the floor and Hooch laid down on my lap. Shadow was on the other side of me. Hooch squirmed his way over my lap to Shadow and started kissing his face. It was soooo sweet. Hooch has really relied on Shadow for guidance and Shadow has really been great. We're so happy.

My husband doesn't believe Hooch is 10 years old. He acts like a puppy and has a lot of energy. He loves to fetch his toys in the yard and sticks in the lake. My husband thinks the guy who left Hooch at the shelter lied about his age so no one would adopt him and he could get him back when he got out of jail. lol I don't think so.

I have to say, in the beginning I was really apprehensive about taking in a 10 yr old. I thought it might be really difficult to get him used to us and our other dogs. Having taken in Dava as a stray and Shadow as an adoption with such good results, we were willing to try. We're sooooo glad we did. After such a short time, Hooch is one of us and feels like he's always been one of us. We couldn't imagine not having him in our lives.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hooch & Shadow So Cute Together

I'm so glad everything is working out so well with all of your babies! And Shadow and Hooch are best pals, that's so sweet! I'm so glad that you adopt Hooch! I love your avatar pic of Samson. Hugs to all of you!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Samsmom1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hooch & Shadow So Cute Together

Thank you! I just figured out how to do the avatar and I'm quite proud. I love your new pictures of Emma too. She's so pretty.