Samsmom1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsmom1

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultSamsmom1

And, today, in honor of our beloved Samson, we're going the SPCA to adopt a 10 year old Yellow Lab that was left by his family.
    Want to hear all the details of your new baby.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Samsmom1

That´s so sweet of you adopt a lab who was left by his family. This dog just need love and I know in my heart you are going to love this dog, even if the lost of Samson are going to stay in your hearts forever. You will always have Samsons pawprint in your hearts. And I think it´s so beautiful of you to pick a 10 year old, who really need a new home. Good luck! And just like Icspt I wanna hear all the details!!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

2LabsInNEPA Guest

Wow, I missed that comment!! What wonderful news. Post info as soon as you can!! ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2LabsInNEPA
    Wow, I missed that comment!! What wonderful news. Post info as soon as you can!!* ;D
    Mark, I saw the comment in the Rainbow bridge section.
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...ic,7393.0.html
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

What a lovely thing to do

Won't someone please feed me!

Samsmom1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: HOOCH IS HERE

Hey Everyone!

Our new boy HOOCH is really sweet. My other male, Shadow, has taken to him really well. There is just a little bit of tension left between my girl, Dava, but we expected that. We got him home Saturday, June 24th around 3 PM and by 6 he was sitting on the couch with me with his head on my lap and giving me kisses. He did the same thing with my husband a little while later. And, he slept in our bed the whole night. He is such a great dog and we're very lucky to have him. This whole thing has been a little strange and I really think our Sam was guiding us to him.

I had gone to the Lab Rescue board on this site and that's where I found the link to the Monmouth County SPCA and Hooch's picture. I haven't been able to find that posting since. Then, yesterday I noticed on the paperwork from the SPCA they stated that Hooch is 10 yrs and 1 month old. I called to see if they knew what his actual birthdate was. It's May 20, 1996. May 20th was the day our Sam died. So, now May 20th will be a day to remember my sweet boy Sam and celebrate my new boy Hooch. And Sam was born on April 26, 1996 so they were almost exactly the same age.

Hooch seems to be getting more and more comfortable by the day. He's well rested now too and much more active. He loves going to the park but hasn't really gone swimming in the lake yet. Today, he just layed down in the shallow water and rested for a few minutes. He's very healthy and seems to have been loved a lot. His owner is going to jail and no one in his family would take Hooch in. The poor guy was dropped off at the shelter on 2/21/06 so he was there for 4 months.

I have to charge the battery in my camera but I'll post some pictures as soon as possible.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Welcome home Hooch!
    Can´t wait to see pictures of him soon!!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Samsmom1 is offline Senior Member

Hooch says Thank Emma!

He actually looks like he could be your brother. He's got a lot of white on his face.

If you go to the www.monmouthcountyspca.org site you can look under dog adoptions a get a quick look at him.

clancey canuck Guest

Welcome home Hooch. Can wait to see pics of the clan all together ;D

2LabsInNEPA Guest

Welcome to your new home, Hooch!!! ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast