Our Sam Is Gone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Sam Is Gone

Samsmom1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultOur Sam Is Gone

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post because I wasn't aware of the site until recently.

My husband and I have had the honor of sharing our lives with our wonderful chocolate Lab, Samson for the last 10 years.* A few weeks ago, his kidneys failed and we had to let him go.* Since then, it seems as though a giant hole has been blasted into the universe and nobody else notices except us.* I've been needing to tell the world or just anyone that would listen that "SAMSON IS GONE" and this seemed like a place that would understand what that means.

We don't have human children.* Sam was our baby.* He was a mix of field and show so he was tall and stout.* He was beautiful, with a smooth chocolate coat and soft, light brown eyes* and had an incredibly sweet personality.* He didn't know what mean meant.* At 110 pounds he ran away from bubbles in the water.* He couldn't get in the car without a toy, and couldn't leave the park without a stick.* He was addicted to pig's ears and treats, he loved the park and he loved us more than anything in the world.* Our hearts are broken.* Our boy is gone.

I'm sorry.* I just had to tell people that would understand what it means to lose such a gentle, loving soul.* Thank you for listening.

Samsmom

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sheila is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our Sam Is Gone

:'( :'(
    I am so sorry for your loss. Alot of us have been through the pain of losing our 4-legged children. Allow yourself to grieve and know that it does get easier as time passes. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my Mocha. But now its not always sadness...but remebering the love we shared.

Godspeed sweet Samson!
    <br />Beau &amp; Nikko

lebets is offline Senior Member

Sorry for your loss
    you have come to the right place
    remember it will get easier and you will laugh and smile when you talk about sam
    <br />[URL=http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/hlebetkin/032_5.jpg][IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albu

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

polark13 is offline Senior Member

my heart goes out to you. We recently lost our beloved Yukon, suddenly, it was horrible. I've cried every day since Feb 1st. I too feel like there is a huge hole in my heart. There is an old saying that goes 'Dogs aren't our whole world, but they make our world whole" - How true it is. It's tough, whether it gets easier is debatable. There are many people here who are helpful - know that.

We have a wonderful chocolate, Ellis - he will be 15 in July - it's getting hard to see him get old. We'll be going through this again - not fun

We would all love to see a picture of Samson - he sounds just wonderful

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...ic,1208.0.html
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...ic,5906.0.html
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...ic,1214.0.html
    www.kolin-and-ellen.com
    <br />Ellis (brown) &amp; Yukon (yellow) - Sadly, we helped Ellis &quot;move along&quot; on Feb 22, 2007 at age 15 1/2 - and Yukon died suddenly on Feb 1st, 2006 - 4 days before his 11th birthday.&nbsp; We are devestated.

nick_charles is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like Samson was loved very much and was lucky to share his life with you. They are defintely family.

Godspeed,

Terry

[size=10pt]Semper Famelicus[/size]<br /><br />Nick &amp; Nora (Terry&#39;s kids)&nbsp; Nora&#39;s Dreams

LarrytheLabs Mom is offline Senior Member

I'm also very sorry for your loss. Words don't mean much when you feel that way, I know. We lost our Georgia 2 years ago this past March, and when I unexpectedly come upon pictures of her, I still cry. The good news is that it does get easier. For what it's worth, getting another dog to love helps more than you can imagine. It's not a replacement, but a new beginning.

Godspeed Samson.
    Katherine<br />Charleston, SC<br />

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a beloved dog 10 years ago, and I still miss her. I'm glad you found JL; most of us have been there and know the pain. Run free now, Sam.

Samsmom1 is offline Senior Member

Thank You All so much for your kindness and understanding. It is truly comforting to know that we're not alone. When I figure out how to download pictures I will post one of Sam. He was beautiful.

Samsmom1

BeandMe is offline Senior Member

:'( I am so sorry for the loss of your Sam.* He sounds like he was such a gentle, beautiful dog.* Yes, it leaves such a huge whole in our lives when our precious dogs pass on.* :'(* Sam will have a very special place in your heart.* Run free sweet boy.*

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    Carol<br />Bailey’s Mom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast