Hi there, I am new to this so forgive me for any errors I make.
My 4 and a half year old male lab, Rolo had a mouth tumour removed 6 days ago. It was about the size of a gobstopper and the vet said they managed to remove it all.
He has finished his course of antibiotics today and I am looking for advice from anyone who has dealt with this before.
I know that it will be swollen after an operation like that but was thinking it would have gone down by now - it isnt over swollen otherwise I would rush him back in but it feels as though the lump could still be there. Maybe I am just being paranoid and overally protective because I dont know what to expect but was hoping for some reassurance.
I am going to call the vets in the morning and ask for advice on whether I should take him in for them to have a look anyway but any thoughts I can get on here might put my mind at rest.
Any bits of advice will be greatly appreciated.
I do not have any advice for you, but I do hope your dog feels better soon!
You might want to post this in the section titled "Lab Chat." More people frequent that section, and someone who can help will be more likely to see it. I hope everything turns out OK. Good that they got it all!
Connie and "The Boys":
Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD
Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever
Thank you to you both for the kind replies.
I did take him in for a check and all is ok but we have to wait for the results now before we can see how to proceed.
Sorry, no advice, just hope it's a benign tumor and that your Labby gets better soon.
it wasnt a tumour after all!
my full reply is on the main board