Our Katie passed January 27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Katie passed January 27

Debbie S. is offline Senior Member

DefaultOur Katie passed January 27

Sorry I am just now posting this, our computer crashed just around the same time, so just now got it back running...
    Anyway Katie had an autoimmune problem that we had been giving her meds for plus a bout with Valley Fever for the last
    2 years..We knew from recent blood work that this Christmas would be her last with us as her kidneys and liver were beginning to show signs of failure, but really thought we had more time with her..That Friday I went to take her for a walk, at that point we were taking very short walks, like just down the street and back, well that day we had only gotten a couple houses away from home, and she seemed to run out of energy..so I ended the walk, and took her back home...
    She seemed ok once we got home, and since we had just had blood work done 7 days before I was concerned, but not alarmed. I figured we were on the down slide, but that we still had at least few months left..so went to work...came home, that night she didn't eat....next morning she became very unsteady on her feet...I called the vet right away...he said this could be it, or possibly could just be having a bad day, it was our call...Well, she didn't eat breakfast either, but she was becomming steady on her feet..so I decided not to take her to the vet, maybe it was just a bad day..It was a nice sunny day out, and she seemed to want to stay out, so I just watched her...she moved from the sun to the shade, and seemed steadier, so I figured that after a few hours I would fix her chicken and rice, and surly she would eat it...well
    she didn't, and by late afternoon she was becomming unsteady again...of course by this time the vets office is closed. I could not believe how fast she was failing....but decided to wait till the morning to see if we could get her to eat...Well, by morning she was worst, she was barely moving, and we knew it was time...Katie was just short of her 11th birthday....
    We miss her greatly..and I'm sure our Australian Shepherd misses her also.....not sure when we will get another dog, we have a kid in college right now, and he has one more year to go...so we may wait till he finishes school and our money situation is a little easier...it's hard though because I feel bad for our Aussie Riley being by himself now. Katie though was by herself for a year after our Collie died, but that was mainly because Katie had just been diagnosed with Valley Fever and her immune problem, and we wanted to be sure she was going to feel up to having another dog around. I am thankful for the time we had with her...but it's still hard....they are so active as puppies, and you just think they are going to be around forever...
    Hope you have found your old buddy Bandit, and perhaps even our Chow Chelsea and that you are all playing together...
    Miss you Miss Kate...
    Love,
    Your Mom....

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our Katie passed January 27

I'm so sorry. :'(

Godspeed Sweet Soul Katie...

Perhaps 'fate' will intervene and bring Riley a new friend.
    Of the six dogs we had/have, four of them just 'came' to us, two as wee puppies dumped at the side of the road, one was to be taken to the pound because her folks were moving into an apartment, and an old fellow who's owner died after an auto accident and the heirs were going to take him to the pound.
    Take time to heal a bit from katie's loss and comfort Riley; and keep on the lookout for what/who "chance and circumstance" might bring your way.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

brody is offline Senior Member

I'm so sad for you - it sounds like Katie knew she was well loved tho ..

as tally Judy says - mourn your sweetie and keep your heart open - a wee doggy might just sneak in ...

hang in there
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss of your sweet Katie..... run free sweet girl. Till you meet again.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Tundra Aries Guest

I'm soooo sorry for your loss, run free Katie :'(

imported_Top Of The Hill is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run free Katie.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear of your sad loss, i have 2 near 11 year olds and i know how it feels to see them slow right down.

Rest in peace sweet Katie~

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

It's always so hard to lose a loved one. You have my deepest sympathies. Run free sweet girl.

LiloBellaJasmine is offline Senior Member

Run Free Sweet Katie!!! :'(
    Dawn from Eastlake, Ohio<br />

Debbie S. is offline Senior Member

Thank-you all for your kind thoughts...yes one never knows how another dog may come into one's life...I had 2 dogs laying in my garden bed on hot summer day....bad thing was I had one older dog that was nearing the end of her life, and we had gotten Katie a few weeks earlier...I was doing daycare out of my home at the time, and so was able to keep the older dog and puppy Katie at the time seperated..and it would have just been to difficult to put 2 more dogs in the mix at that time...Sad thing was when animal control came and got them, I kept on calling figuring the owner would be calling looking for the dogs....I had just wanted to know that the owner had found them...well nobody ever called for them
    and at the end I couldn't call anymore, I just hoped that they had been put up for adoption and found new homes..
    but yes when one is down to just one dog..and he will be 2 in July...one never knows....
    Debbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast