Remington...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington...

skid13 is offline Junior Member

DefaultRemington...

I have viewed this forum since I first took home Remington 6 years ago. Remi was a big "block headed" lab and a hard-head to go along with it. He was so incredibly smart it was scary. He was a hard-head and like having things his way all the time, but he loved his family and friends more than anything in the world. Unfortuneatly, he has recently shown some severe aggression and biting without warning or cause. We could not control nor understand what was happening during these episodes, as if he were a completely different Remi. I am writing today as a dedication to my best friend who has just been put to sleep out of worry for the well-being of my family.
    You were an absolutely wonderful dog Remington and my only hope is that you have unlimited supplies of Pizza and truck rides wherever you may be.
    I'm so sorry.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Remington...

I am so sorry for your loss and that you had to suffer additional pain of making 'the' decision.

What you describe is unusual, but not unheard of, and could have had a definite physical cause, one being a brain tumor.

Wishing you and your family consolation and peace.

Godspeed Remi.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

imported_blacklab1973 is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry for your loss. This hits so close to home for me and I am in tears as I type this. We had to put our 9 month old puppy to sleep on Sept. 25th due to severe aggression and biting that was unprovoked and without warning. 99% of the time he was the best puppy but when he was aggressive it was terrible and scary and like you said a whole different dog.

Try and not focus on the bad times, I am sure that in the past six years that the good times you shared far out way the bad. Also know that while it is such a hard decision to make you did make the best decision for your friend and for the safety of your family.

Please know that if you need a shoulder to cry on that I am here for you and can really relate to what you are going thru.

God bless and Run free sweet Remington!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

skid13 is offline Junior Member

Thank you for your kind words. It means alot to me and my family.
    I had a difficult time believing that there was a monster inside my dog. I could not accept it, no matter how many times my father, my family and my vet had said it in the past few days.

My father and I laid on the floor with Remington for 20 minutes, about 30 minutes before we were taking him to the vet this morning. The vet had placed him on a sedative, and Remi had no power to stand or even lift his head, as we comforted and pet him. Out of nowhere, he sprang to his feet and viciously bit my arm 10 minutes before we left for the vets office. I immedtiately went to the local ER because I was violently bleeding and believe my wrist to be fractured.

Although this attack was extremely vicious and awful, I believe that Remington did this to me so that I knew we were doing the right thing. I firmly believe that he did this to prove to me that a monster did infact take over his mind and to be perfectly honest, although I am typing this is a wrist splint, I feel comfort in the fact that I do now realize that it was a monster that had taken over my wonderful Remi.

As I type this I am overcome by extreme pain in my heart due to the fact that my Remington had to pay the price of his life because of a monster that had taken him over and I now do realize that Remington was not the one who attacked me.

As you are reading this, please hug your Labrador. I would give anything to be able to snuggle up with him and watch TV tonight. He has changed my life in so many ways, I wouldn't have traded 1 second in the past 6 years for anything.

Godspeed Remi.

mommytoharley is offline Junior Member

Sending you lots of (((hugs)))

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I'm so very very sorry..... :'(

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Callaway is offline Senior Member

I am very sorry for your loss. Its hard to imagine our fur babies as anything but angels isnt it. Rest in peace.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

Scout and friends Guest

I'll give Scout an extra hug tonight, as asked.

Beautiful boy, Remi. I'm so sorry.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

:'(- I am so sorry!

M Fortune is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry. :'( Run free Remington.
    ~Heather<br /><br />&quot;This whole world is wild at heart and weird on top&quot;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast