For Dever

Thread: For Dever

Beerfish is offline Senior Member

DefaultFor Dever

About 12 or 13 years ago I played on a touch football team. A new young guy on my team and his girlfriend were moving out of a house and into an apartment and thus could not keep their young (year or year and a half old) Lab/Springer Spaniel cross. My brother and his family lived out on an acreage and thus I contacted him. He came into town and we went to the young guys place and my brother took Dever right then and there.

The first time my brother took Dever grouse hunting my brother winged a bird which flew off, young Dever gave chase and to my brothers amazement came back with grouse. During the years Dever continued to be a loyal hunting companion for my brother but more importantly a great friend for the whole family.

From Jan. 2006 to Jan. 2007 my brother and his family went on a year long teacher exchange to Australia and I happily volunteered to look after Dever for the year. It was nothing but a pleasure and when my brother tried to thank me after returning i thanked him instead.

Over the past year Dever really started to slow down, his hearing went and he lagged behind on the walks he always used to love but he still had that gentle friendly spirit. Two weekends ago (Canadian thanksgiving) I went to my brothers acreage and was able to enjoy the old gents company for the last time.

I can honestly say that Dever was the nicest most gentle dog I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and that includes my own dog Rocky whom i love very much.

I just got an email from my brother this morning saying that Dever was chasing grouse in the big off leash area in the sky.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: For Dever

So sorry for your loss :'(. I'm so sorry for your loss.

polark13 is offline Senior Member

i'm really sorry for your, and your brothers loss. You all gave Denver a wonderful life. It's brutal when they leave us... just brutal.
    <br />Ellis (brown) &amp; Yukon (yellow) - Sadly, we helped Ellis &quot;move along&quot; on Feb 22, 2007 at age 15 1/2 - and Yukon died suddenly on Feb 1st, 2006 - 4 days before his 11th birthday.&nbsp; We are devestated.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Felix Guest

I'am also sorry for you're loss of Dever :'(

If i read you're story about Dever, it must be a wonderfull dog !!

So, run free in the sky Dever !!