Run Free and Find Peace Ernie

Thread: Run Free and Find Peace Ernie

imported_blacklab1973 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRun Free and Find Peace Ernie

After much crying and praying this past week we came to the decision that things with Ernie wouldn't change. I had to go to work this morning for a meeting I couldn't miss--but I was a mess through the whole thing. When we got home my husband and I took Ernie on his favorite walk and then a great swim. We gave him lots of extra love and treats today and then we returned to the vets and said our goodbyes.

It was not easy at all but it was actually the first time since we have brought him home that I have actually seen Ernie look peaceful and calm. It was an awful decision to have to make but we knew that things would never get any better for him.

Thank you again to everyone for their support throughout the past few very difficult days.

We love you so much Ernie and hope that you find peace and run free from now on.......

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CenTexLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Run Free and Find Peace Ernie

RIP Ernie. :'(

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry it came to this. What a tough decision it must have been for you to make.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

Joanne, my heart is breaking for you and your husband. You have tried so hard for so long to remedy the 'situation with Ernie'; you have done all you could reasonably do.

When those pangs of doubt creep up on you, and they will, look at the physical bite scars that you and your husband carry and know that, sad as it is, you did the right thing for both you yourselves and Ernie too.

I went back and read all your posts about Ernie from the beginning (from the time you brought him home) and in hindsight your gut feeling did register significant 'red flags' that all was not as it should have been very early on. And you worked so very hard. But sometimes "Mother Nature is a bitch."

May you again soon find comfort, serenity, and joy with each other and with the possibility of babies and 'fur kids'.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

nick_charles is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry. Love sometimes requires very difficult decisions.

I believe Ernie was lucky he had you in his life and I know how difficult this must have been for you. Please accept my condolences and good thoughts. You and Ernie are in my prayers.

Godspeed Ernie.
    [size=10pt]Semper Famelicus[/size]<br /><br />Nick &amp; Nora (Terry&#39;s kids)&nbsp; Nora&#39;s Dreams

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry for your loss...... so sorry you had to make such a difficult decision...... Ernie is in peace now, and running free of all his frustrations....... Godspeed Ernie..... and bless you two.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

MumtoEllie is offline Senior Member

I am so so sorry for your loss. What a terrible decision to have to make. For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing.

Godspeed Ernie.

:'(

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Run free, little Ernie... godspeed. :'(

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Joanne, and pray that you and your family (and Ernie!) will find peace.
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Pest in peace little fella-

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#