We miss you Lucy

Thread: We miss you Lucy

Mooselady is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe miss you Lucy

Born: November 28, 2003
    Died: May 10, 2004

Lucy's life was way too short. We still miss her so much. Lucy was our first Lab, our introduction into the joys and adventures that only a lab can bring into your life. A gift from my husband on my 50th birthday she brought us both more happiness and joy than we ever imagined! She charmed all that met her with her exuberance and love of life it's self. The night of May 9th, while unwinding after a whirlwind weekend that had seen 100 people at our home for our oldest son's wedding reception, we noticed Lucy was bloated and her belly seemed tender. The next morning our vet saw her and from there things moved fast. He immediately cleared the office surgery schedule, got help from another vet, called the local vet school and Lucy was in surgery. She had an aggressive, vascular, lymphatic tumor that had ruptured. Even as the stage was being set she was happy, trying to steal treats off the counter and loving everyone. Three hours later she was gone. Our vet had done all that could be done but the bleeding was too much and even with a transfusion they were unable to save our young lab. The next days were dark and filled with tears; not only ours but our children's, grandchildren's, and friends - the pain was unbelievable. Slowly the darkness eased but hearts remained empty. At the urging of my husband we started to look for another puppy, another bundle of joy with puppy breath to help ease the pain and silence that our home was feeling. Tugg came into our life and then Skye (who is actually Lucy's sister from another litter). These months and years have been great and the love of two labs fill our homes and our hearts. Thank you Lucy for introducing us to all the a lab can bring to your life, you will never be forgotten and always missed.
    <br /><br /><br />&quot;Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole.&quot;&nbsp; Roger Caras

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: We miss you Lucy

Thanks for sharing your story. God Bless all of our 4 legged friends!

Felix Guest

This is one heck of a story! :-X

But yes, Lucy has introduce you in the Labrador world! ;D

But it is always hard to lose a dog who you love, especialy when they are so young ...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

:'( What a sad story.

Lucy is now in heaven playing with all the other pups there...
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/