Ellis - July 21st, 1991 - Feb. 22nd, 2007

Thread: Ellis - July 21st, 1991 - Feb. 22nd, 2007

polark13 is offline Senior Member

DefaultEllis - July 21st, 1991 - Feb. 22nd, 2007

Ellis suffered what appeared to be a stroke while I was out with him at my office today at lunch. I rushed him to the emergency vet where they got him stabilized and ran several tests. My wife met me shortly afer where given all the circumstances we had to make the tough heart-wrenching decision to say goodbye to our wonderful brown man. Needless to say we are devastated.

Ellis was 15 and a half years old and obviously a very big part of our lives, bringing us endless smiles and joy each and every day. He will be dearly missed.

Ellis, we love you and will think of you always - please say hello to Yukon at the Rainbow Bridge. "The boys" now together again.

I will create a memorial page on my website once I can see through all the tears.
    www.kolin-and-ellen.com

<br />Ellis (brown) &amp; Yukon (yellow) - Sadly, we helped Ellis &quot;move along&quot; on Feb 22, 2007 at age 15 1/2 - and Yukon died suddenly on Feb 1st, 2006 - 4 days before his 11th birthday.&nbsp; We are devestated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ellis - July 21st, 1991 - Feb. 22nd, 2007

I'm so very sorry for your loss of your friend and companion. It's tough to let them go. I know. Just let them memories flow and flow until they replace the pain.

Run free, Ellie. Have fun!

Zamode is offline Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. It's so tough. The rough days will pass in time so allow yourself what you need to to get through it. You were so lucky to have a sweet friend for so long although I know that does not make it easier. Blessings to you and sweet Ellis.
    <br />Always in my heart sweet bubby bear ~

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Winnie is offline Junior Member

Words cannot express how sorry I am to hear about Ellis' passing.

As you and your wife mourn the loss of your beloved best friend, know that Yukon and Winnie were waiting to meet him today, and that they are now happily all looking down on us and smiling together.

"There is a very special place where beloved pets go after they die. This is only a temporary location. But there are trees and grass and lakes, and everything they love. Here they can play and eat and sleep, even better than they did, before they died. Now, there are no aches or worries or dangers of any kind to trouble or threaten them. The only joy missing is their beloved human companion, you.

All health is restored completely, and all injuries are healed. Dogs and cats play with each other like youngsters, and they do not have time to feel lonely for you. They miss you, and with the special wisdom that animals have, they trust that this condition will get better. And they confidently wait as they frolic.

A wonderful day will come for each of them, when in the middle of playing they will suddenly feel something is different. And all their senses will be at the height of excitement and exuberance. They will sniff the air and look off in the distance where they recognize that dearly loved special presence. Then they will call out in elation, and with eyes shining and tail going wild, tear off at a full gallop, almost flying over the green grass.

Your expected arrival has been sensed, and now there is nothing that can keep the two of you apart, ever again. As you run toward each other the tears flow from your eyes. Your pet leaps into your arms, and you cling together in jubilant reunion. The joyous kisses are all over your face, and you kiss back, just as ecstatically. Your hands so lovingly caress once more the beloved fur, the head and neck and body you knew so well. And you look into each other’s loving eyes, and all those old, wonderful shared feelings are back, again.

And then something will call the both of you on, to a different field of warmth and nurture, where all the love you knew now comes to fruition. With your pet, you leave that special waiting area, walk into the main part of heaven, and begin a new existence there, together.

If you accept that pets can love us as much as we do them, then the logic is clear and cannot be denied. If you believe that there is a heaven for people, then they must be there, waiting for us, when we cross over. Heaven is love, and pets always share that with us. "

— Wallace Sife, Ph.D. The Loss of a Pet (Third Edition, 2005), Chapter 16

May God keep Winnie, Yukon and Ellis safely in His embrace until we meet again.

Dagmara :'(

Winston<br />April 3, 1995 - January 18, 2007<br /><br /><br /><br />Seymore Elliot<br />Born April 21, 2007<br /><br />

imported_bearsdad is offline Senior Member

Godspeed Ellis
    <br /><br />&quot;in moments of joy, all of us wish we possessed a tail we could wag.&quot;<br />w.h. auden<br /><br />&quot;This is worse than a divorce... I&#39;ve lost half of my net worth and I still have my wife&quot;

BeandMe is offline Senior Member

I was so sad to read of the passing of your beautiful boy Ellis. I know the pain you are experiencing and just want to say how very sorry I am. I have been looking at your photos of your two beautiful boys and they had such a wonderful life and now will be together again. Run free together beautiful Ellis and Yukon. :'( :'( :'(

Jazz_n_me is offline Junior Member

I just logged on today, after quite a few weeks, and in reading the Rainbow Bridge posts, I was so sad to see that your Ellis had passed away. You were so kind to write me with your sympathies when I lost my dear Syble last year. I just want you to know how much I sympathize with you and the pain you are feeling right now. I know how empty you feel inside without your sweet boy "Ellis" there by your side. But, I believe, they are always with you, because of the wonderful memories you have, and how when you think of him, you just can't help but smile. Take comfort in knowing that you shared a wonderful, long relationship, and his life was filled with all the love he could handle. Bless you. My heart goes out to you.
    "Ellis & Yukon, go find Syble, and run wild and free, and happy!"

[attachment deleted by admin]

monkeydiva is offline Junior Member

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.