Two years ago today I said goodbye to my soul mate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two years ago today I said goodbye to my soul mate.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultTwo years ago today I said goodbye to my soul mate.

Kassa Bella (Once Upon A Dream). 26/01/02 – 9/2/05( Osteosarcoma of the Jaw)

I didn't really like dogs. My family wanted a dog. O.k. I will just look at one. By the time I got home with a black bundle of fur I was in love. My family and friends are still astounded I became attached to a dog.

Something about Kassa made everyone fall in love with her.

At the age of 2 Kassa was diagnosed with Oesteosarcoma of the jaw. I was devestated.

She was so brave in our fight to beat the cancer, and never once complained.
    Letting her go was the hardest decision I have ever had to make.
    I didn’t want to, but I knew I must let her go to a place where there is no pain.

The pain of letting her go was unbearable and I miss her more than words can say.
    The pain is less, but never go. l can remember without tears the special times we shared, and the things we did each day.
    We taught each other news ways of enjoying the precious life we shared. I taught her new tricks, sit, down, stay, come.
    She taught me so much more.
    She taught me that with love and mutual respect a human and an animal can share a bond so strong they become one.

She enriched so many lives and touched so many hearts with the joy and love she gave.
    There will always be a special place in many hearts for my beautiful black Lab who fought so hard for the life she loved, gave so much, and asked nothing back.

For 10 months I hoped and prayed for her to live. I wanted a miracle. What I didn't know was.
    I did get a miracle. Kassa Bella. My beautiful black Lab my companion, and soul mate who gave everyone she met unconditional love.

Run free without pain my angel in fur. Run free precious baby until we meet again.

Text from 1st Timothy 4:4: “Bless you, my faithful friend, God’s gift; your beautiful eyes can close knowing I love you and your beloved Ernie and I will see you soon.
    This pic was taken several days before she crossed the bridge.

This pic was my signature pic.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Two years ago today I said goodbye to my soul mate.

Oh gosh, I cry every time I read about Kassa...I can feel what a special relationship the two of you had. :'( Run free and healthy Kassa...

imported_bearsdad is offline Senior Member

Ding for Kass
    <br /><br />&quot;in moments of joy, all of us wish we possessed a tail we could wag.&quot;<br />w.h. auden<br /><br />&quot;This is worse than a divorce... I&#39;ve lost half of my net worth and I still have my wife&quot;

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Scout and friends Guest

Chris, you and Kassa created quite a bond with each other. What a beautiful girl - inside and out.

Thinking of you and Kassa and Ernie today.

Judith

Coles Mom Guest

I remember Kassa and your pic of her chewing the gate slats. She was a beautiful girl. I'm sorry for your loss.

Paula is offline Senior Member

:'(

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

I don't often come into this part of the forum because I know it will make me cry but I have been feeling I should come here for the last few days now I realise why.........it is to offer you ((((HUGS)))) Chris and to tell you that I think about Kassa often as well. Run free beautiful girl.

Won't someone please feed me!

Felix Guest

I'am feeling so sorry for the loss of the beautiful Labrador called Kassa ...

I gues the loss and especialy the pain of losing a verry young Labrador is verry painfull :'(

Winnie is offline Junior Member

What a beautiful memorial for your friend. She was a gorgeous lady, and so infinitely lucky to have you in her short albeit meaningful and important life.

We share in your sorrow. Today is the 1 month anniversary of losing our Winston to Degenerative Myelopathy. Although we were blessed with nearly 9 years with our precious boy, it's not the amount of time that we have together that matters, but the unbreakable bond that you speak of in your post that death can never erase.

Our babies are always watching out for us from heaven.

Run free sweet Kassa and Winston :'(
    Winston<br />April 3, 1995 - January 18, 2007<br /><br /><br /><br />Seymore Elliot<br />Born April 21, 2007<br /><br />

kapebretoner is offline Junior Member

Run free Kassa. If you get a chance, spend sometime playing with Simon.
    Eggs and Bacon - A days work for a chicken but a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast