Lost Abby

Thread: Lost Abby

brian thomas is offline Junior Member

DefaultLost Abby

I lost my best friend of four and a half years on Wednesday. In mid December she began limping on two legs and was diagnosed with Lymes Disease. She was on a strong antibiotic for three weeks and it was difficult to keep food down. The pills were done on Jan. 7th and she continued to have problems keeping food down and little apatite. Finally on Jan. 13 she had joint pain again and would eat nothing. Back to the vet and they gave little hope as it appeard her kidneys were not working well. We spent Monday evening together on the floor of the family room and I took her to the vet Tuesday morning to try a couple more things. I went in at 11:30 on Wednesday and spent a half hour with her before we ended her suffering. She saw me and walked to me and just jamed her head against me as she always does when she does not feel well. She would wag her tail a little when I said certain things to her but she was ready to go. Abby was one of the most beautiful light yellow labs I have ever seen let alone had the opportunity to own.

My daughter Anna just turned 8 last week and is completely heartbroken. I want to get another yellow lab very very soon and really don't know how to rate puppies with regard to what tests were done with the parents and how the tests turn out. Such as hips rating. I want a calm yellow lab that has a less than likely chance of genetic issues.

I live in Eastern Iowa, can anyone recomend a breeder within 500 miles of me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

janika28 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Lost Abby

So sorry about Abby. My prayers are with you and your family.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry... :'(

Run free sweet Abby, run free... :'(

I live in Eastern Iowa, can anyone recomend a breeder within 500 miles of me?
    You should post that in lab chat to get more responses.

~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

Godspeed sweet Abby. :'(

Brian, I am so sorry for your loss of Abby.

Scoll to the bottom of this link to find a reputable Labrador breeder in your area.
    http://www.thelabradorclub.com/breeders/
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

polark13 is offline Senior Member

i'm very sorry to hear about Abby - run free yellow pup
    <br />Ellis (brown) &amp; Yukon (yellow) - Sadly, we helped Ellis &quot;move along&quot; on Feb 22, 2007 at age 15 1/2 - and Yukon died suddenly on Feb 1st, 2006 - 4 days before his 11th birthday.&nbsp; We are devestated.

Winnie is offline Junior Member

I lost my Yellow Lab Winston last Thursday as well. Know that Abby loved you and was thankful to you for loving her enough to allow her to run free from the pain and indignity of her illness.

My family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter as we all grieve the loss of our best friends. Abby and Winston undoubtedly met and it was love at first sight last week

Dagmara
    Winston<br />April 3, 1995 - January 18, 2007<br /><br /><br /><br />Seymore Elliot<br />Born April 21, 2007<br /><br />

BeandMe is offline Senior Member

Oh that is so sad. Abby was so young and I truly understand the sadness you are feeling. Run free sweet Abby :'(

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I am sorry for your loss.

I can understand. Two years ago I lost my 3 year old Kassa to cancer.

Run free sweet Abby.

Good luck in finding a new "fur baby".

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

so so sorry :'(

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

I lost my beautiful yellow lab....very, very light cream....last October. I totally understand the hurt and emptiness you feel right now. :'( We got another lab right away, and it was a great move. This new little girl has brought all the joy and excitement back into our lives. ;D

We, too, made a very determined search to get a reputable breeder so we could get a dog free from genetic problems. It was sooooooo worth the work and extra money to find a truly healthy puppy.

Good luck with your puppy search. And I hope you will soon learn to treasure the memories of your dog without having so much pain.