In Memory of Winston (Apr 3/95 - Jan 18/07)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Memory of Winston (Apr 3/95 - Jan 18/07)

Winnie is offline Junior Member

DefaultIn Memory of Winston (Apr 3/95 - Jan 18/07)

Winston Woronko
    Born: April 3, 1995 in Lavaltrie, Quebec (Canada)
    Died: January 18, 2007 at 10:35am in Aurora, Ontario (Canada)
    Missed Desperately by Mommie, Daddy, Gusia, Uncle Mikey & Gracie

My dearest and most loyal friend and companion,

You ran to heaven today at 10:35 am, finally free from the pain and loss of dignity you had been suffering from these passed few weeks. You ran free, into fields of flowers waiting for you to sniff and roll around in. You ran into heaven, where there are endless streams of cookies and doggie biscuits, and countless squirrels to chase. You ran to a place where only goodness comes to souls as gentle and loving as you. You are now home, ready to continue your most favorite task of watching over your loved ones and keeping them safe. Know that no matter how far you have physically travelled from your family, your spirit and your memory forever lives in our hearts.

My dear baby, as I held your head in my arms today and felt you take your last breath, I prayed that you would forgive us for the choice we had made for you. Understand that we could no longer let you suffer from the pain and indignity of your legs refusing to work. We could no longer watch you fall and look at us helplessly, ashamed that somehow in your paralysis you had let us down. My dearest friend, forgive us for no longer being able to pet your tired and swollen bum, so sore from the tumbles and aches that had plagued you in the last few weeks. Forgive us for we didn't mean to fail you - we merely meant to help a treasured friend in need.

In the first 3 years of your life, you had been abandoned by so many. I remember the fear in your little brown eyes as we'd go for trips in the car, terrified that yet another family was going to give you away. It took some time for you to realize that you were home for good when you came to us in 1998, that nobody would ever send you away again. I pray that in the almost 9 glorious years we had together you understood the value your life had for us. Trust me friend, had there been any other treatment we could have tried for you, you would still be sleeping on your blankie right now.

As you watch us from heaven, know that we will never forget the joy you've blessed our lives with. They say time heals all wounds and although you may see us cry less as time goes on, it's only because tears are being replaced with memories of the good times we've shared. You will never be forgotten, and the ashes that we will have of you will remain at your beloved home for as long as we live.

Goodbye my beautiful baby boy. May God now give you the hugs, kisses and bum rubs we so desperately wish we could be giving you.

Love Always, Forever and More than Words Can Say,

Mommie, Daddy, Gusia, Uncle Mikey and Gracie.
    xoxoxo

[attachment deleted by admin]
    Winston<br />April 3, 1995 - January 18, 2007<br /><br /><br /><br />Seymore Elliot<br />Born April 21, 2007<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

polark13 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: In Memory of Winston (Apr 3/95 - Jan 18/07)

i'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Winston - he was a beautiful yellow pup - and is now with many friends up in doggie heaven - with not a care in the world.
    Run free Winston - and please say hello to Yukon for us - we miss him terribly.
    <br />Ellis (brown) &amp; Yukon (yellow) - Sadly, we helped Ellis &quot;move along&quot; on Feb 22, 2007 at age 15 1/2 - and Yukon died suddenly on Feb 1st, 2006 - 4 days before his 11th birthday.&nbsp; We are devestated.

Scout and friends Guest

I'm so very sorry. Your tribute is beautiful. I'll read it again tonight before I log off.

Please know you don't need to ask forgiveness. You did the brave thing, you released him from pain and living a life that was so compromised, he wasn't able to do the simplest of things. You were brave, and unselfish, and released him from a body that wasn't able to function any more.

Hang on tight - the first few days are rough. I hope the memories of the wonderful times you shared with your boy help you to smile soon.

If you can, post more pictures. I'd love to see them.

Hugs, from Judith and Scout.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hark67 is offline Senior Member

What a beautiful tribute to your dear boy Winston. Hoping that the happy memories that you shared with him will soon replace the pain you are feeling now. :'( ((Hugs))

Run free, beautiful sweet Winnie.

Missing you, my friend.
    Huckle 1/9/1992 - 4/25/2006

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
    I know how heart breaking it is to have to say good bye. You don't want to, but must do it for your beloved companion.

Hang on to the wonderful and fun memories of Winston. Remeber the good times. Don't let the things you think you would have done or didn't do. He loved you and cherished the time you gave him.

I am coming up for the second anniversary of having to say goodbye to my beloved Kassy. I know the tears do get less,and the pain gets better.

Take care. If you ever need to talk we are all here for you.

Run free Winston. Run free with all the other J.L. pups waiting for us to join them.

Kassa Bella.. forever in my heart.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

I totally understand your pain of losing Winston and the even worse pain of watching him suffer these last few weeks. It's going to be rough for you for a while, but knowing that he's free of pain and loss of dignity will be a great comfort eventually.

And remember this, as torn up as your life seems right now, try to concentrate on how much better your life is now because Winston was a part of it.

I'm very, very sorry for your loss.

imported_bearsdad is offline Senior Member

A very beautiful tribute for your Winston. I am so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Winston.
    <br /><br />&quot;in moments of joy, all of us wish we possessed a tail we could wag.&quot;<br />w.h. auden<br /><br />&quot;This is worse than a divorce... I&#39;ve lost half of my net worth and I still have my wife&quot;

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Very touching tribute to a wonderful boy. Godspeed Winston, godspeed.

I think feeling guilty is natural, although not necessary. I actually still feel guilty for making the decision for our Jordan 2 years ago. I am still second guessing myself over our choice for her. But I must say, reading your post, I do not think you need to at all. It sounds like Winston was ready himself, and you at least had the heart and the courage to spare him any further indignity, or discomfort.

Hugs to you and all yours.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

MASONSMOMMY is offline Senior Member

Your tribute was very touching, and clearly from the heart. I kno your little guy knew how much he was loved and that you did what was best for him....that is all they ever ask of us...to love them and do what is best...sometimes that is the hardest thngs to do...but you did the brave yet hardest thing to do...godspeed Winston

Brutus is offline Junior Member

:'(What a beautiful tribute. I am so sorry for your loss. I understand your pain. I am currently going through the same problems with my dear boy Teddy. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    May God be with you and your family,
    Jodi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast