Sad Day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Day

DefaultSad Day

Today is a sad day. Some days are better than others, today is one that is hard. Bella was my black lab who was my best friend. My husband said we should have called her shadow because everywhere I went, so did Bella. I mean everywhere. If I was taking a shower, she would lay right in front to make sure I didn't slip past her. If she was sound asleep and I got up to go do something she would immediately awaken. I think the thing I loved most was her love forme . She adored me, made me feel like an important person. Don't get me wrong, my husband and kids let me know how much I'm loved, but her love was different. It has been 3 weeks today she has been gone. Tough times.I felt as though my heart was being torn out. When you go from never being alone to a sad silence, it hurts. We got a puppy last week and I thought it would take up some of my "idle thinking time" (of Bella), but not really. I seem to miss her more. I was very hesitant to get the new puppy, almost scared to love something as much as I did Bella and then her leave, but my kids desperately wanted one. She's wonderful, but no one can take my Bellas place. I wish she was here to meet the new puppy and show her around!!! Enclosed is a picture of my late Bella and my 2 daughters during her favorite past time!! WATER!!! I Love you Bella girl!

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mygirls2 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sad Day

I am so sorry for your loss.

i'm sorry for the loss of lovely Bella - she sure was a good water jumper
    i'm sorry

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

So sorry for your loss.

I am very sorry for your loss. I just lost my lab two weeks ago Sat. It has been very hard too, I think about him everyday! I too just got a new puppy and was hesitant as well. But I knew that I had so much love to give even though it felt like it was just taken away. Hang in there, you will feel better, you might feel worse before you feel better....but you will feel better

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Very sorry for your loss. I felt the same way you did for my Jordan whom we had to pts last summer due to lymphoma. I wanted another puppy and spent a good month researching the right breeder for me. I too, had a hard time initially as I kept thinking of Jordan. You need to allow yourself to think those thoughts, and feel those feelings, but also take the time to study the new little puppy and her personality. You will find your heart smiling again soon enough. I still have bad days, but the good far out weigh the bad ones now.

Hugs to you, and your family.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

I also lost my beloved black lab on Memorial Day week end. I still think I hear her bark to come in. There are times I think I actually see her. I told my husband those things and I think he thought I was nuts. But then he had a similar experience...thought he saw her walk into the garage. I have two other precious labs and they do help. But I miss my Katie every day. She was a sweet girl and helped to train my other girls. Give yourself time to be sad and grieve losing your precious dog. The new puppy will never fill that hole but will soon steal your heart. Every time I get a new dog I never think I could love them as much as the others. After a few weeks they win me over.

Thank you all so much for your kind words. The new puppy has helped, but then again, I always seem to be looking for Bella in Zora(puppy). Bella was the most wonderful dog. My husband and myself grew up with all sorts of dogs, my family bred and showed them all growing up. My husband was not as close to her, but said out all the dogs he has ever known, she was the best. The same here. I just with is was possible for them to live longer! It seems like such a short time I was given with her. Writing about her has also helped. Coming here and expressing my feeling to people who don't think I'm "crazy" has been a great release. Thanks.

biscuit is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds so special and I'm sure she'll be remembered forever. :'(
    <br />Kristin &amp; Biscuit

Dear SpareMom
    I just read your post and am feeling your pain. I lost my 8 yo yellow lab "Pike" suddenly May 30th and I am still so very sad. I always felt his furry body next to my feet while I was on the computer and he followed me everywhere also. I would come out of the bathroom and practically trip on him. I hate that he is gone and feel so bad some days that I could cry all day. My husband loved him so much also, but he seems to be doing much better than me. I dont know if I could go through this again. My husband wants another dog right away and I would rather wait. I am not sure if I even can love another dog like I loved "Pike". This grief is awful and I picture his beautiful face and everyday. We laugh about all the goofy things he would do and that makes us feell better, but when I think about how he was on his last day, I sob. I pray that I can get past this broken heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast