Grief Counseling Groups

Thread: Grief Counseling Groups

DefaultGrief Counseling Groups

Hi, I'm new here and we are into our 3rd day after saying good bye to our beautiful yellow girl, Henley. I've never lost anyone close to me and this pain is unbearable. It seems to come and go through out the day. It helps a little that we have Henley's 1/2 brother Owen with us. I'm writing down memories of Henley and gathering her pictures together. She was sick off and on through her 12 plus years, but such a sweet girl. We loved her so much. I was just wondering if on line/live chat groups are good and/or should I look into local support groups? Has anyone had any experience with these. Thanks all for sharing your stories here. That has helped me too. P.S. I would send a picture, but I don't know how to resize it to make smaller.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Grief Counseling Groups

I'm so sorry about losing Henley. I recently lost my wonderful yellow Yukon - it's the toughest thing I've ever been through and I'm still going through it every day. It was such a shock as he was healthy and acted like a pup even though he was almost 11. I went to www.petloss.com for a bit - there is a realtime chat group there - people are there because they've been through the same thing, and they understand. I actually became 'email friends' with one woman on there. we write often as we both just lost one dog, and are both very close to losing our second. It's awful. I'm sorry you're feeling so sad. People on justlabradors are great as well - though to be honest, I often feel very sad after seeing so many pictures of beautiful labs that remind me of my wonderful Yukon. Feel free to drop me a line any time you want/need to talk. If you're interested Yukon's full story and many many photos and videos are on my website. www.kolin-and-ellen.com.

Best of luck with grieving - it's painful, I'm not going to lie...but it shows how much you loved Henley...