Yukon - Feb 4th, 1995 - Feb 1st, 2006

Thread: Yukon - Feb 4th, 1995 - Feb 1st, 2006

DefaultYukon - Feb 4th, 1995 - Feb 1st, 2006

February 1st, 2006 - the worst day ever

Yukon died suddenly this morning. He appeared to be 100% healthy yesterday. I let him out, and when he came back in he stumbled and seemed incoherent. He couldn't stand up and didn't want to eat anything. We were getting ready to take him to the emergency vet when there was a small yelp - his tongue was hanging out and his eyes rolled back. We started to panic and were crying. I carried him downstairs getting ready to put him in the car. I layed him on the floor and he was gasping for breath. We were hugging him and petting his head and crying and crying saying "no Yuki, please Yuki, we love you Yuki, we love you". He died about 5 minutes later - we were holding him in our arms. The whole thing occurred within an hour.

We layed with him for I don't know how long - just crying and petting him and telling him that we loved him. Finally we carefully put him in the car and took him to the emergency vet where we had to make arrangements. We carried him into one of the rooms and laid him on a blanket on the floor. We layed with him some more - just crying and talking to him and petting him. We eventually said our final good byes. It was the worst day ever.

The vet thinks it could have been a neurological problem, stroke or something like that. Last weekend he tried to stand up at one point and tipped over, was groggy, and kind of spooked. We thought maybe just his legs had fallen asleep or something like that - as he appeared fine one minute later. Now I think it was a small pre-cursror.

Ellen and I are absolutely devastated. It won't be easy when Ellis goes, but at least we feel like we know it's coming. Yukon was as fit, strong and healthy as a horse and still acted like a puppy. He would have been eleven years old on Saturday, February 4th, 2006.

We are still in shock - I can't even believe it. I'm not sure how we'll get by without 'the Head' in our house - and we're very worried about how Ellis will react once he realizes that Yuki won't be coming back.

Yukon brought more joy to our lives than anyone could ever understand and we are thankful for the time we had with him. He had a good life and made ours better. We'll miss him every day.

Many photos, slideshows, and videos on my website:
    http://www.kolin-and-ellen.com/websi...20Memorial.htm

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Yukon - Feb 4th, 1995 - Feb 1st, 2006

Thank you for your response to ZuZu. It made me cry a little when I thought about your baby. ZuZu wasn't as quick but she did go down hill fast. Yukon and ZuZu would have been great friends. My wife and I and our new baby will think about Yukon and your family!!!

Run Free Yukon..........and say hello to ZuZu for us

Run free Yukon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tundra Aries Guest

Run free Yukon

biscuit is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry. I know how much space our "boys" fill in our lives. Run free Yukon, knowing you were/are loved.
    <br />Kristin &amp; Biscuit

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I am new here so this is the first I've seen of these. I am sorry to hear about things like this. As others have said, Run free!

labradore Guest

I'm so sorry but by your pics of Yukon he had a lovely life. :'(