My buddy Casey (not a lab) (longish)

Thread: My buddy Casey (not a lab) (longish)

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultMy buddy Casey (not a lab) (longish)

I know he's not a labbie, but I've been thinking about him so much lately.

Casey was my 12 1/2 year old golden retriever. He was the first pet I ever had responsibility for and I loved him with all my heart. He was the sweetest, gentlest, and kindest dog I have ever known. We bought him from BYB and he had been neglected from 8 weeks until we brought him home at almost 16 weeks

Because of that it took him a little while to begin to trust someone, but he was never aggressive towards anyone. When he was around 4 years old (I, 9) I decided I was going to hug him around his neck while he ate and he bit me which took a chunck of my nose out. Not a day goes by now that I don't look at that scar and think of my sweet boy.

We made the decision to put Casey to sleep just 4 short months ago on December 26, 2005 (the day after christmas). He had severe joint problems, could no longer walk on his own and would not eat. It was my decision to make and it was the roughest thing I have ever done in my life. At the vets office just before our last moment with casey the song "Easy Like Sunday Morning" came on the radio and it sticks out in my mind because in the opening they say "seems to me girl you know I've done all I can" and it's true. Casey had done all he could and he could do no more. He was tired and he was weak and I'm so glad he was in my life for so long.

Now that I've got the waterworks going, that's all I have to say...thank you for taking the time to read about my sweet boy

To Casey: Run free over the bridge sweet boy. May you be in pain no more. I know you are in a better place watching my every move, and teaching Molly all of your tricks. She is so similar to you that it is uncanny at times. I miss you every day baby boy and I will never, ever forget you. Love, Your stacey girl.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: My buddy Casey (not a lab) (longish)

Stacey...water works here just from the story. :'( :'( :'(

Run free Casey..be with my Mocha & watch over us all!!!

Tundra Aries Guest

DefaultRe: My buddy Casey (not a lab) (longish)

Run free Casey :'( :'(