Very sad news from my cousin

Thread: Very sad news from my cousin

SilverBullet is offline Senior Member

DefaultVery sad news from my cousin

My cousin, who owned my dog Chief's brother, sent me a text this morning that her dog Biscuit passed away this morning at 6:45am. She said they were all with him and that he's finally at rest now.

I was in shock when I read her message and still am shaking my head in disbelief. Biscuit was diagnosed with "Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia" about a month or two ago and she said he was starting to respond to the adjusted meds and his red/white cell counts were slowly getting better. I dont know any specific details yet and told her that I realize she is in bad shape now with the loss of Biscuit but if she needs to talk, that she can call me. I hope to find out the details and hopefully he was not in much pain or discomfort at the time of his passing.

Biscuit (and Chief) were from the same litter and both were born on June 14, 2010. They both turned 2 last week. I am really upset hearing of his passing. I can only imagine what she is going through right now.

She was the one who turned me onto getting Chief. A few weeks before I bought Chief, she sent me a picture of her puppy Biscuit and I fell in love with it. She told me the breeder had one left, which was Chief. I called them and they almost didnt want to sell Chief, because it was the last of the litter and they were going to keep it. After talking more to them, they agreed to sell it to me. So, Tracy was the reason I bought Chief and I am forever thankful and appreciative of that.

I do have a few pictures of Biscuit that she had sent me in the past. I went onto zazzle.com and created a photo coffee mug with one of his pictures on it with the caption "R.I.P. Biscuit 6/14/10-6/20/12" and I will give that to her as a keepsake/gift.

Im still very sad to hear of this and feel so very bad for her.

R.I.P. Biscuit !!!
    Chief * Chocolate Lab * Born: 6/14/2010 * Acquired: 8/14/2010 * Current Weight: 101.8 lbs. * AKC Name: Chief White Chocolate

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

How sad

tismom is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry for her loss. Biscuit was way too young. Godspeed, Biscuit.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Very sad, such a young dog. RIP Biscuit.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

SilverBullet is offline Senior Member

Thank you everyone for the wishes. I did receive an email this morning from my cousin with details on his passing. It wasnt good. He was very uncomfortable for the last 12 hours. Couldnt eat, barely had energy to get up to go outside, very labored breathing and did drink a bit of water, but then vomitted that up. Reading her email, I had tears in my eyes. I feel so very bad for her and with him only being 2 years old seems to make it worse. Whenever Chief passes, I am going to be absolutely devastated, so I can only imagine how she feels now.
    Chief * Chocolate Lab * Born: 6/14/2010 * Acquired: 8/14/2010 * Current Weight: 101.8 lbs. * AKC Name: Chief White Chocolate

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

That's horrible to lose him so young, it didn't end well for Biscuit, but he's in a better place now. Godspeed Biscuit.