Rip Kyzer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip Kyzer

Randy is offline Junior Member

DefaultRip Kyzer

Hey guys first time to this site.. dont really know how to handle this situation but my 2 year old yellow lab passed away monday afternoon with kidney failure. He fought long and hard and was on life support for 3 days.The prognosis suggested he had kidney problems from birth! Before this, he had a hotspot infection and was in tremendous pain. He had a real rough month and now he's gone. This was my first dog and I have no idea how to deal with this. I keep thinking how I could only raise him to 2 years.. I don know how to post pictures but id love to!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry to hear that. My baby is just 2 now and I couldn't even imagine how devastating that would be.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

It sounds like you did everything possible for Kyzer. I hope in the days to come you will find peace in your heart as you mourn the loss of your boy. He looks very comfy in his pool. We ring a bell at the passing of each dog on the forum to honor the pups memory. This is for Kyzer. Ding . . .

http://www.vlspecialties.com/images/image035.jpg
    Guest poster - original forum July 2001. Member 2002. nbsc

Samson is offline Senior Member

Sorry for your loss !

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

So sorry for your loss, it is always devastating .
    We understand
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

How heartbreaking I am sorry, he was gorgeous.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses, it really does help.. I just wanted to know if you guys think we did the right thing putting him down. His kidney levels were improving and so was his urine count. The doctor told us his whole chart was improving very slightly but at the same time the ultrasounds showed irregular kidneys and that it would never be reversed. Even though his kidneys would never completly heal, he still had random outbursts of energy and still wagged his tail time to time. He couldnt get up with ease but again he did have random energy outbursts in which he could get up. Doc did tell us we could continue treatments and that he may recover temporarily, but he would never be the same and eventually would end up back in the hospital since his kidney damage could not be reversed. So Im really stuck on if we did the right thing putting him down.. even though his lab results improved, had positive bowl movements and still had energy to wag his tail and sometimes even get up.. he did look pretty bad and it almost seemed like he wanted to go. Prognosis didnt give him much chance but the trend of improving results really makes me wonder if we did the right thing.. what do you guys think?

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses, it really does help.. I just wanted to know if you guys think we did the right thing putting him down. His kidney levels were improving and so was his urine count. The doctor told us his whole chart was improving very slightly but at the same time the ultrasounds showed irregular kidneys and that it would never be reversed. Even though his kidneys would never completly heal, he still had random outbursts of energy and still wagged his tail time to time. He couldnt get up with ease but again he did have random energy outbursts in which he could get up. Doc did tell us we could continue treatments and that he may recover temporarily, but he would never be the same and eventually would end up back in the hospital since his kidney damage could not be reversed. So Im really stuck on if we did the right thing putting him down.. even though his lab results improved, had positive bowl movements and still had energy to wag his tail and sometimes even get up.. he did look pretty bad and it almost seemed like he wanted to go. Prognosis didnt give him much chance but the trend of improving results really makes me wonder if we did the right thing.. what do you guys think?
    I am so sorry for your loss. I could not imagine losing a dog so young, and what a beautiful yellar dawg he was! No one can really answer your question, despite you posting the details of his condition. When they are young it is natural to question if you are doing the right thing, but when you wrote it seemed like he wanted to go... if that is what you sensed, people that have lost their dogs often say that they just knew the time was right because they sensed their dog was telling them they wanted to go.

You made a very tough decision, but one that may have been the most humane for your companion.

Thanks for the response Diesel dawg. Thats probably the most helpful message i've received on whether it was right putting him down. You're right on only I could know if it was right to put him down, and it did honestly feel like the right thing to do, eventhough he still had life in him and had a slight chance to recover... it did seem like he was tryna tell me he wanted to go. Thanks alot for the response, it really does help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast