Ozzy

Thread: Ozzy

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

DefaultOzzy

So many times I have tried to tell you what you meant to me, I just could not find the right words - today seems most appropriate as 11 years ago my life was shattered when Chad was killed by a drunk driver. Almost 2 years later you came in to my life and began to heal my heart. I could never thank you for all you gave me, your constant companionship, a pillow for so many tears, your unconditional love and so much more. I hope I gave you half of what you so freely offered and gave to me. The day we all meet again will be a joyous day, I have no doubt. Until that day RIP peace big guy, mama's monkey. Run free my precious boy. I love and miss you so very much.
    With all my love and gratitude,
    Your Mom
    Last edited by tammyhuffman; 03-17-2012 at 02:59 AM.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Oh Tammy! I am crying and my heart is breaking for you. We lost Maggie last May and I still cry for her. Sophie does help my arms to not feel so empty. Hang in there, and many hugs are coming your way.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Thank you Pam. This week has been so hard, the anniversary of Chad's death has always been hard. Taking care of Jon's dad and Ashley as well as working full time have just worn me out and I think it has been even worse this year. I am just so damn tired, emotionally and physically. Thanks you for the hugs, they are appreciated more than you could know. I miss my big, goofy Ozzy so much but I thank God for Emma and Maxx.
    Last edited by tammyhuffman; 03-17-2012 at 02:58 AM.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Tammy, How is Ashley doing? I know you said she was mending, I was just wondering if all was still going well...
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

She is doing well and we are working on transitioning her back to her home, hopeffully within the next 2-3 weeks. Jons dad on the other hand is fading quickly, the Drs say 3 weeks max. It makes me so sad, Bob is the only parent he has left and he is so sad. Unfortunately Jon's best friend of 25+ years is also dying of cancer. after chemo and radiation he had surgery but when they opened him up there were tumors everywhere that were not on the MRI 2 weeks previous. They were not able to do the planned surgery and closed him back up. They are doing more chemo and radiation but they said the cancer is a grade 4, rapidly spreading. The only place it hasn't spread, yet, is his spine and brain but they did not give him very good odds. Needless to say losing his Dad and best friend, Vince, at the same time have left him sad and depressed. My heart just breaks for him. I am glad we brought his Dad here, they have been spending some good, quality time together and I think it will help Jon in the long run tremendously. Bob, his Dad, is a wonderful, warm and loving man and my own heart is breaking. I have been taking the night shift for meds, etc. Maxx comes with me, he LOVES his Pop-Pop and is so gentle with him. The feeling is mutual and I often find Maxx laying next to Bobs hospital bed, sometimes they nap together and no amont of me saying he really shouldn't be up on the hospital bed helps. I have stopped scolding Maxx because Bob wants him there. For a puppy his sweet, quite and gentle ways with Bob amaze me. He just knows...who am I to say no? The home health aids that come during the day have all commented on their closeness. Anyway, thats the update from here, thanks so much for asking.
    Last edited by tammyhuffman; 03-17-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean

Garth is offline Registered Users

I know how you feel girl. It's been 4 months since I lost Ronnie & nearly a year for Holly & I still miss them like hell. They sure leave a huge hole in your heart.

So sorry you have all this other hell to contend with. It's not fair. No one should have to endure that. At least Ashley's improving. That's some positive news.

Hang in there. You're one gutsy lady.

Thank you Garth, that means so much to me. It seems as if the holes in my heart are turning it in to Swiss cheese! Some say God doesn't give you more than you can bear, I beg to differ...
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean

deidra is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry. BIG hugs!!! My mom says her heart goes out to you and your family.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Oh Deidra, thank you so much and thank your mom for me too.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean