sir buster bones

Thread: sir buster bones

mrbb is offline Junior Member

Defaultsir buster bones

Ok , I wanted to just let everyone know, that on 11-10-2011 at 7'45 pm, my 12.9 yr old best friends , had to be put down

the tumor that was found back in August near his spleen had ruptured
    I rushed him to the e vet, but nothing could be done, and I had to let him go
    he past on with his head laying on mine, fast as could be!
    I would have updated sooner, but just been really down about it, and I don't honestly get on this site that much, sorry!
    But the times I did, I was always treated very nice by caring members here, and wated to share the sad news

I am not planning to get another one, , till I get my life in order ( I have been out of work the past almost 3 yrs now, at first I lost my job, due it getting hurt at work, and then decided to just stay out till my boy passed,{wasn't collecting , but living off my savings,}
    I looked at it like he gave me all his yrs, and so many good memories,
    so I gave him the last few of mine, 100 % like he gave me always! , just for him!,
    couldn't honestly leave him at the end, to start a new job, as he was spoiled all his life with me being by his side, I only worked about 90 days a yr as long as I had him, many yrs less than that, and he was with me almost 24/7/365 all the time, its all he ever knew.
    so to change how he was used to living like that , so me getting a job and leaving him to do so, for what ever amounts of time, just didn't sit well with me, and
    just seemed so wrong to go get a job and have him alone in the yrs he needed me, help and such!

I am Oh so glad I did!
    we had some great times the last yrs of his life, priceless to me!

I miss him, dearly, its been 10 days or so, and no real relief. its hard

I thank you all for your kindness in the past and present

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2LabsMom is offline Member

So sorry for your loss I am sure he knows how much you loved him, the time you were able to spend with him says it all! You have some beautiful pictures so I am guessing even more wonderful memories together. This forum really did help me when we lost our Jake 11-01-11 as I was able to see how many other folks knew the pain of love and loss and were so supportive. Hang out for a while...will be a good daily mental break as you reestablish yourself in the working world!

Run Free Ol Boy Run Free...and do a little bitey face with the other Labbies waiting to welcome you in!

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

He was a handsome fellow. I am so very sorry for your loss. Your story brought tears to my eyes. We lost our 12 yr old in May. She died suddenly of an abdominal aneurysm. It broke our hearts. I remember thinking I just wanted the pain to stop. I still have days when I cry for her. We got our puppy Sophie in June. A puppy is a handful, and helps keep the mind distracted. Plus, she is such a joy, that to know her is to love her. If there is any way you can get another dog, I would advise it. It sure helps with the silence. I know many people on this forum that have gotten great companions from rescues or animal shelters. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but words don't seem to help much.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

thank you all for the kind works, I appreciate the thoughs

its very hard to loose a friend like he was to me, we were so close, he was with me almost 24/7 hard doing day to day things now as it is, seems wrong him not here now

thanks again, take care all

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry you have lost your friend. I am glad you were able to spend so much quality time with him, I know those memories are priceless and sad at the same time. There just are no words that help right now but please know you have tons of support here. RIP buddy, run free.

tismom is offline Senior Member

I, too, am sorry that you lost your boy. He knew he was loved; you gave him that comfort. Godspeed, Sir Buster Bones.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

thanks all for the kind words