RIP Mollie :(

Thread: RIP Mollie :(

Missy2280 is offline Member

DefaultRIP Mollie :(

She wasn't a lab but I wanted to post. She left us on Aug 22. Of this year. This Christmas is going to be so hard. It will be the first Christmas in 13 years she won't be with me. I rescued her from our local humane society shortly after high school. She was a Shepard sheltie mix. The last few days I have been thinking of her a lot, I think because we are getting a new puppy. We had such a special bond, I don't feel complete since she has been gone. I am crying as I type this. I miss my princess more than anything. :*(

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I am sorry for your loss and I understand your pain. I lost my oldest Lab, Ozzy, on June 28, 2011 very unexpectedly. He was only 8 yrs old. and like you, I find it hard to imagine a holiday with out him. As a very wise and kind member of this forum once told me, our dogs are a gift and we have to enjoy what ever amount of time we have with them and remember all of the wonderful things about them, (this is not word for word but I am sure you get the general idea). If we don't celebrate their lives then what was their purpose with us? Of course holidays will be sad for many of us this year but try to remember all of the wonderful things about your Mollie and remember that she will be waiting for you some day!

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Hi, I am sorry that you lost your friend. I bet she was sure happy that you saved her life and loved her....God bless you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bett is offline Senior Member

so sorry for your loss.

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how devastating it is. We lost our sweet Maggie May on May 17th, She was 12. It was sudden. I wonder if I will ever stop crying over losing her. My advice is to get a puppy. I remember thinking I'd do just about anything for the pain to stop. We got our Sophie in June. She has really helped a lot. We still miss Maggie, but Sophie is such a joy that she helps us through the grief. So if I were you, I'd start looking for a special puppy to add to your family.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

tismom is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry for your loss. Holidays do seem different the first time without your great four-legged friend. May memories comfort you.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

Missy2280 is offline Member

Thank you all for your kind words. I do believe when we get our puppy in a few weeks it will ease the pain of losing her. Although no dog could ever replace her and I do not want to replace her I think it will help my heart heal. Mollie and I had a special bond from the first time I laid eyes on her. I was working at petsmart and the local humane society would bring dogs in to get groomed before they were put up for adoption. The second I saw her I melted. I knew she was meant to be my princess. She had been spayed about a week before I got her and several days after coming home with me she was acting very strange, I brought her to my vet and after running some tests they found out that she had a severe infection from her spay and would likely die if she did. Not have surgery ASAP to clear out the infection I was told that it could go either way. Of course I was in tears, the humane society agreed to pay for the surgery at my vet and she came through with flying colors. One thing I will always remember about her was when I went to pick her up after her surgery I was at the counter checking out and I felt a dog jump up on me and put its paws on my back. I thought it was someone else's dog but I turned around and it was mollie. I had only had her several days and she had been at the vet for a couple days but she was so happy to see me. I knew from that second we had a special bond that I would treasure forever.