NLR - Ibsen and Asia laid to rest today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NLR - Ibsen and Asia laid to rest today

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultNLR - Ibsen and Asia laid to rest today

in one of the weird confluences that is my life I had to make the choice (the sad, awful, heartbreaking choice) to euthanize two friends on the same day last week.
    Ibsen had been with us since 2005 - a small matter black and white shi he was a character through and through. He needed (and got) eye surgery to repair horrendous ulcerations. He ended up loosing nearly all his teeth at the second dentistry we had done for him. he went to live with my dad and his wife in the late fall of 2008 to help them face the inevitable loss of their elderly airdale and he helped them through a very difficult transition with character. We still saw him (and had him home) regularly but he enjoyed being an only dog, being professionally groomed and having all kinds of treats snuck to him. Sadly dad and wife aren't at a point where they can cope with aging dogs so Ibby spent August with us. Pottering under his favourite apple trees trying to gum apples to mash; snoozing in the various patches of sun; some days he was woozy; some days his senility was apparent (and sad) but generally he had a lovely month. Last week though his systems started shutting down .. he lost interest in eating and had significant trouble standing. In less than a week he lost 1/3 of his body weight.

Asia was a kitten who came to us in the spring- we thought she had cerabellar hyperplasia (you'd think after having cats with this disease for the last 14 years I'd be able to spell it wouldn't you?) but instead of learning to adjust to her impairment it progressed. From walking with a wobble to hardly being able to stand Asia was slipping away. She spent much of the summer snuggled to me (often in a sweatshirt or towel rolled as a sling) and she purred and loved attention from humans, dogs or cats. Last week she stopped purring. She never stopped purring. My marvellous vet suspects a brain tumour that was rapidly growing.

Both died with grace and dignity as my hands comforted them and the last thing they heard was me wishing them well. Neither was a "heart" pet but both have taken a large part of my heart with them.

They are buried under Ibby's favourite apple tree. I can see their resting place as I type this. May they rest in peace.
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry brody... be at peace little friends, you are in good company

brody is offline Senior Member

thanks kaytris...
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Rest in peace, Ibby & Asia, you were well loved.

And thank you, Brody, for the love you gave them in this life and helping them pass peacefully.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Samson is offline Senior Member

They were loved !

tismom is offline Senior Member

They were loved and knew it. God speed.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Bless you.

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

How very sad and yet how very sweet...... I'm sorry for the loss of your good friends.

Godspeed Asia and Ibby.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry Brody.....
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

bearsdad is offline Senior Member

I am sorry.

Godspeed Ibsen and Asia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast