Timberwolf 3-1-98 to 4-26-2010

Thread: Timberwolf 3-1-98 to 4-26-2010

Rae
    Rae is offline Member

UnhappyTimberwolf 3-1-98 to 4-26-2010

I gave my Timberwolf her final gift on 4-26-10. She was an awesome puppy! She was a brat up to the last few months.

Timber Memories, My Pooh Bear

Timber was my special baby brought to me by our beloved 1st Labrador Maggie. When I was 7 months pregnant with Brandon I bought Maggie our first Black Labrador for Rick. This was to be his hunting buddy. We had a great life together and I will someday write a page on Maggie. Maggie died on 2-2-98 age 12 yrs and 2 months. Timber was born on 3-2-98.

All 3 of us went to look at lab puppies born on a farm in the Hillsboro,Ohio.
    The owners raised Hogs and Dogs. The dogs they bred were Labrador's and English Bull Mastiff and then the Hogs. I looked at all the puppies all 8 but did not see one I liked. The owner a lady came outside and said well here is the runt of the litter and she is only 100.00. She was keeping her separate because she was getting picked on. . She had a sturdy chest and she was very strong. I fell in love with her right away and we took her home.

Brandon named her Timberwolf. I said but she is a female. It's ok Mom she is Timber. So hence the name..... She was such a strong willing brat from the beginning. She picked on Cookie non stop. She would drag Cookie across the floor by her tail just like Cookie did to Maggie. I use to say pay back time Cookie!!! Cookie loved her.

Timber trained fast on going to the bathroom and she was great in the cage. This time we used a cage with Maggie we did not. That was a bad scene for 2 yrs. Timber's only fault was she loved socks and pillows. Maggie almost died from a sock at 6 months so we had to keep socks away from Timber.
    I bet it took me 2 yrs to train Rick and Brandon to put the socks up. The pillows she chewed only the tips off and then took out all the stuffing.

Timber was a darter and would dart out any door and run free till I caught her.
    Brat! When she was 11 months she tried to get out a sliding door and I stopped her with my hand which she broke. Black Brat!

Anyways, Timber was our 2nd hunting Labrador and she was a great hunter until she developed LP... Laryngeal paralysis. She could no longer get in dirty water. So Mom decided to spend the money and have her surgery. That gave me 4 more beautiful yrs.

I will miss Timber's look in her eyes, her love for me, her constant companionship, her silliness, her rolling the ball to me so I could kick it, her bad antics, her eating grass, and rabbit poop or other dogs poop. Digging up mud for Cat poop, chasing the snakes and teasing them, Chasing any cat that came in our yard. Cookie taught her that. I will miss her smile, her 1 bark to come in, Her ringing the bells on door to go out, her one bark to get a bone while I typed on computer and if I ignored her her continued bark until I got up. I will miss her swimming in her pool and playing in the snow. I miss her panting constantly. Her silly bark that sounded like a seal after her surgery. I will miss my soft, silky, Black Brat. She was the smartest Lab.
    I love her soooooooooooooooo!!!!

Rae
    Last edited by Rae; 07-08-2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: add pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

all_about_kimber is offline Senior Member

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Amy & Kimber

Rae
    Rae is offline Member

Thank you Amy and Kimber

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LisaB is offline Senior Member

What a sweet tribute to your wonderful Timber. I got a bit choked up reading it. Run free Timber!

Rae
    Rae is offline Member

Thanks You Lisa

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

What a lovely tribute - I could picture Timber in eveything you wrote. May Timber forever run free!

Rae
    Rae is offline Member

Thank You Tkeizer

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

What a very nice memorial you've written, Rae; it brought tears to my eyes.

I know you're hurting a lot -- I felt that pain and loss for months after Bess died and I'm already dreading the day I'll have to say goodby to Puff.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Rae
    Rae is offline Member

Thank You Bob. I think what is so very hard right now is not having a dog at all. First time in my life. We will get another but at the present we simply can't afford.
    I don't want anymore rescue dog either. We rescued a loving English Setter last yr and Lost him on 8/29/09 after only 3 months with him. He had liver and kidney cancer. He reminded me of my beloved Cookie who was also a English Setter.

Anyways, Thank You Bob

Rae