Winner Challenge # 47 - Sculptures

Thread: Winner Challenge # 47 - Sculptures

RebaHalle is offline Senior Member

DefaultWinner Challenge # 47 - Sculptures

I have chosen the Indian maiden by lab-junkie:

Not many to choose from, but I was intrigued by and enjoyed them all. I am immensely curious about the "Dog on a Tucker Box" and the Scripture Rocks. The children's sculptures are precious; I have some that my now 30 year old daughter made for me. Thank you all for participating.

I was not sure just how to phrase this challenge topic. I am thinking of garden sculptures or garden decorations or monuments.

For samples I have chosen more pictures from last summer at Anderson Gardens. www.andersongardens.org if you are interested in the gardens.

Judy, mom to Reba, the Lab, and Jalapeno (Halle), the JRT

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Weekly Challenge # 47 - Sculptures

This was taken this past summer while geocashing at Scripture Rocks. It might be stretching it a bit to call it a sculpture. Scripture Rocks are the result of years of religious zeal and a chisel. Between (1907-1914), Stahlman would cover the rocks and Beech trees at about five different locations around his hometown of Brookville with as many as 2500 lines of carved scripture. (A conservative guess would be somewhere around 15,500 letters).

I'm just being silly here since I couldn't get out today to take pictures! These are rare and valuable sculptures! They were all made by my children in their kindergarten years. (my children are 37,36 and 33 years old!!)

Brookville, Pa.

sarah is offline Senior Member

Me with the Sculpture "dog on the tuckerbox" which is a tribute to the Pioneers of Australia at a place called Gundaghai in 1932

And this I think are nature-made sculptures off the coast of Victoria - the 12 Apostles!

I hope they fit the requirements of the Weekly Challenge!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lab-junkie is offline Member

I have a couple of sculpture shots....They're nothing that special, but I'll submit them anyway.
    Nikola Tesla @ Niagra Falls

Noccolula @ Noccolula Falls

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Kwinon is offline Senior Member

The most famous statue in Oklahoma (next to The Golden Driller ) is Pioneer Woman here in town.

A little side story - 4 of the 5 quarters chosen by Oklahomans for the Oklahoma quarter featured Pioneer Woman. After they came back from the U.S. Treasury with the approved design, someone noticed the book had been removed from Pioneer Woman's right hand > (they thought it was a Bible). Oklahomans immediately started voting for the scissortail flycatcher quarter which is the one in your wallet right now.

Standing Bear was a Ponca Native American chief who successfully argued in U.S. District Court in 1879 that Native Americans are "persons within the meaning of the law" and have the rights of citizenship. All he wanted to do was return home to Nebraska to bury his son who had died in Oklahoma Indian Territory where the Ponca Tribe had been moved. He had to go to court & prove he was a person, & his victory is one of the first for civil rights in America.
    His statue in Standing Bear Park is HUGE.
    As you approach Ponca City he towers over the trees, hand outstretched to the east toward the Arkansas River Valley where once he walked.

As I preview my entry, I notice my stories are bigger than my photos . . . ;D

lab-junkie is offline Member

DefaultRe: Winner Challenge # 47 - Sculptures

Thank you...

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Tundra Aries Guest

Congratulations!!! Beautiful!!!!!!! Just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Kwinon is offline Senior Member

Congratulations, lab-junkie!
    What an awesome photo.
    I was curious, so I looked up the legend of Noccolula . . . sad story.