Insurance

Thread: Insurance

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultInsurance

Just wondering how many of you have your camera equipment insured? I took out a personal inland marine policy for mine. It's only $39 a year for $3900 worth of equipment. Covers stolen, lost, and damage. I feel better when I take my stuff out and about.

Brookville, Pa.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tucker. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Insurance

Good idea, when I upgrade I will get it. If I drop it in the ocean will it be covered? What is the deductable?

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

There is no deductible with my policy. From what I was told, my camera equipment will be covered if I lose it, someone steals it, I drop and break it, etc. People on a camera forum recommended this type of insurance over adding the equipment to my home owners insurance. I had to list all my equipment and give them the serial numbers of the cameras and lenses.

Brookville, Pa.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Jimbo is offline Senior Member

I added business insurance with Kemper a few months ago. It covers up to $5000 of my photography equipment and laptop when I take them outside of my home and costs around $250 more a year.

Felix Guest

I've got the same over insurance as Linda (well, a bit different, but the basics are the same) and the amount of money it's all insured for is a lot higher (15k), but i've got four EOS camera's (including the Mark II)