Vacation Shots

Thread: Vacation Shots

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultVacation Shots

Just a couple of vacation shots at Chimney Rock, North Carolina. If you've never been there, I highly recommend it. You can climb out on the pinnacle (by the flag) and see forever. Unfortunately the morning fog had not lifted in the valley so the view was obscured when we were there, but the last shot is Lake Lure down below and the Blue Ridge Mountains in the background fog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KLM
    KLM is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Vacation Shots

Beautiful! We were lucky to visit there last October! We took the trail around to the top of the waterfall. They filmed some of Last of the Mohicans here and now when I watch that movie I recognize some of it! I remember it being EXtremely windy and I lost my (very expensive) sunglasses. Was it very windy when you were there? We didn't take the elevator to the top - we went up the trail and with the wind we were holding on for dear life the whole way! It was a really lovely place.

Mind if I share a couple of my shots?

You can tell how windy it was - look at that flag! You could hardly stand up straight for fear of toppling over the side!

"Exclamation Point"
    <br />[b]SEE MY FAVORITE JAKE PHOTOS HERE: [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/[/url

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Great shots. It was clearer the day you were there. I'm sure the fog would have burned off but we had to leave by 11:00 a.m. to get back on the road to get home in time to pick up the dogs from the kennel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Those are beautiful shots! Its definitely on DH/my list of places to visit...

lab-junkie is offline Member

How beautiful! We'll have to add North Carolina to our "to do" list. I just hope we live long enough "to do" every thing we would like to! ;D
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Holy frijoles! What awesome pics - the scenery is out of this world. Lucky you for being able to experience that! I am envious.

Bev.
    <br /><br />&quot;Maintiens Le Droit&quot;

Katies Mom is offline Senior Member

I see a day trip in my future. That is in my backyard and I still haven't made it up there. Beautiful pictures.

eklind51 is offline Senior Member

beautiful pictures!