Question for Canon users re Rebel XT vs XTi

Thread: Question for Canon users re Rebel XT vs XTi

imported_eastcoastmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestion for Canon users re Rebel XT vs XTi

I just purchased a Rebel XTi. I am curious to know if the upgrades are worth it? I paid $899 for the XTi, and the XT was $699. I am wondering if I should exchange it for the cheaper XT? Opinions?

Thanks
    "Find out who you are and do it on purpose."

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Question for Canon users re Rebel XT vs XTi

i have a rebel xt. i've had it for at least a couple of years now. i love my xt. personally, i would rather save the $ or get more (and better) lenses. i think the xt is a really good beginner's SLR. if i were ever to upgrade my camera, it would not be an xti.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Mike Bons is offline Senior Member

I have a rebel XTi and have used an XT quite a bit as well. I like the XTi better in every way other that I like the size of the XT that I have used as it is a little bigger and fits my hand better, although the 30D/40D fits it even better. I would stick with the XTi, JMHO.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Felix Guest

Mostly the difference is in the software that's in the camera

Example .. the EOS 300D is pretty the same as the EOS 10D, only in the EOS 300D are some options/features left out, who are available in the EOS 10D. You can easisaly put them on with a new firmware patch (cracked)

But if you do so, you're guarantee is directly over when you install a non supported firmware in you're camera

Mike Bons is offline Senior Member

I would refer you to this review at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos400d/ . The extra 2 mp (10.1mp compared to 8mp), dust removal system, 9 pt AF, and 2.5" LCD are more than just software.

I've kept the XTi. As mentioned, there are some nice features, although I would not be disappointed with the XT either. Just decided I have it now, so I'll keep it. Practicing a lot Next purchase, a 28-135mm lens.

maggiesmomm is offline Senior Member

I know you haven't asked for advise on this yet, but I just bought a new lens (70-300mm), and was confused about reading every opinion online about which was best. I took my camera to a shop that a friend recommended and they let me mount the different lenses on my camera. Then it was really obvious which one I wanted! So don't be afraid to try them out.

Also, advise number 2 (I'm full of them arn't I ). Buy a UV filter for each lens. It is a great protective cover (if nothing else). You can leave them on permanantly and put the lens cap right on top, and it might save your lens from scratches or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggiesmomm
    I know you haven't asked for advise on this yet, but I just bought a new lens (70-300mm), and was confused about reading every opinion online about which was best. I took my camera to a shop that a friend recommended and they let me mount the different lenses on my camera. Then it was really obvious which one I wanted! So don't be afraid to try them out.

Also, advise number 2 (I'm full of them arn't I ). Buy a UV filter for each lens. It is a great protective cover (if nothing else). You can leave them on permanantly and put the lens cap right on top, and it might save your lens from scratches or whatever.
    Thanks for the tips! I actually did buy a uv filter right away. I will be lens shopping soon, but not til Christmas as the one I am eyeing os $499.