Weekly Challenge #16: BUGS!!! WINNER ANNOUNCED!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Challenge #16: BUGS!!! WINNER ANNOUNCED!

KLM
    KLM is offline Senior Member

DefaultWeekly Challenge #16: BUGS!!! WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Well, as usual, it was TOO HARD to choose the winner!! I consulted SU for a second opinion! We studied and discussed each one. They are all SO great and it was way to hard to choose!! You ALL have some great bug pics!

Ultimately we chose Paula's bee as the winner.

I liked it because of the color and the action of the bee in flight. SU picks what he likes based of what what jumps out and intrigues him the most. He liked Paula's bee because the bee was so loaded down with pollen yet was looking at those flowers as if he's trying to figure out how in the world to hold even more!

Congrats Paula! You get to pick the topic for the next challenge!

----------------------------------

This week I want to see INSECTS!!

Submit your best old or new photos by noon on Sunday July 29th, 2007!

Here are some of my BUG shots!

<br />[b]SEE MY FAVORITE JAKE PHOTOS HERE: [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/[/url

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Weekly Challenge #16: BUGS!!!

I haven't really had the time to participate in the challenges, and really don't want to officially "enter" the challenge this week (I'm out of town frequently the next few weeks and can't seem to get back here with any frequency), but just wanted to post a couple of my "bug shots."

I wanted to be an entomologist as a kid and remain fascinated by bugs to this day. That's why my next "big" purchase will be a good macro lens (rather than the Rebel XTi kit-lens I have)! LOL

Grasshopper-

Baby praying mantis-

(I sure wish I had gotten better lighting for this one...the color contrast was really amazing!)

They're nowhere near as fantastic as the ones above, but bugs are so much fun to photograph!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

KLM
    KLM is offline Senior Member

I'm glad you posted them even though you aren't able to enter them - it's good to know I'm not the only BUG crazy person here - I chase the poor things all over my yard ;D! Great shots! I love the grasshopper - I always get a laugh when it looks like the bug is hamming it up for the camera - your grasshopper seems to be saying.....THIS is my best side!! I love the mantis on the finger - that's a great sillhouette! That last one reminded me of another shot I had. Is that a burning bush your mantis is sitting on? I too was left wishing I had better lighting on this katydid shot. I seem to have a hard time shooting red but I always liked this one anyway because of the color contrast!

<br />[b]SEE MY FAVORITE JAKE PHOTOS HERE: [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/[/url

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I like bugs too!! Here are my entries.

"Mating Season"

"Lunch time"

"Good to the last drop"

"In flight"

Paula is offline Senior Member

My sure doesn't compare to yours KLM but here's my bee.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I don't have a macro lens, so this is a hard challenge for me. But here's one that's not too bad...

Banana Spider

Charla is offline Senior Member

I haven't entered one of these before but bugs happen to be my favorite subject. A bee on one of my ligustrums.

imported_Wendy is offline Senior Member

Wow great pics!!!! Holy Cow Charla the detail of that picture is amazing!! You can see every little pollen stuck to his body!!!
    Wendy in Oregon <br />

imported_Shanna is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy
    Wow great pics!!!! Holy Cow Charla the detail of that picture is amazing!! You can see every little pollen stuck to his body!!!
    YEH... talk about something for a classroom of kids. Perfect shot to show how cross pollination occurs.
    DON&#39;T TRY TO FRIEND ME. I hate it when people try to friend me, especially if they just broke board rules. Friending moderators or friends of moderators will NOT exempt you.

imported_Jimbo is offline Senior Member

Awesome picture Charla!!!

These pics are from a wedding I shot a few weeks ago at the Butterfly Pavilion...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast