Looking for a New camera

Thread: Looking for a New camera

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

DefaultLooking for a New camera

Right now I have a simple point and shoot Fuji Film Camera but I'm so sick of the slow click to capture speed and missing the shots I want. I've talked SU into getting me a new one for my Birthday I think.
    I'm not real camera savy but am willing to learn some at least. I want a camera that's faster to start up and take the picture with some type of Image Stabalization because my hands are kind of shakey and I always end up with blurry pictures. I think I need to stay under or right at $300. I have been looking at the Kodak Z612 or Z712 (new and not in stores yet) The reviews I've read are mixed most say it's pretty good but then there are some that say it's crap???

Anyone have opinions of a similar type camera or one that would fit the bill and be in the price range? Mainly I'm shooting Mocha, or people. We're planning to start a family so I want something for pictures of the baby and such.

TIA I probably won't be back until Monday as I don't have internet at home but I'll check in then for sure.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Jimbo is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Looking for a New camera

I would wait a few weeks and get the new Sony DSC-H7 (15x optical zoom, 8mp, 2.5" LCD, SteadyShot® Image Stabilization) or the DSC-H9 (3" LCD, Advanced Sports Shooting, SteadyShot® Image Stabilization)

Here's a link to Sony's website - Sony H7 $399 and Sony H9 $499

I have the H5 and it's been a great camera.

Felix Guest

It all depend's on what you're budget is for a camera!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KLM
    KLM is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
    I would wait a few weeks and get the new Sony DSC-H7 (15x optical zoom, 8mp, 2.5" LCD, SteadyShot® Image Stabilization) or the DSC-H9 (3" LCD, Advanced Sports Shooting, SteadyShot® Image Stabilization)

Here's a link to Sony's website - Sony H7 $399 and Sony H9 $499

I have the H5 and it's been a great camera.
    I have a Sony H5 as well and really love it!

I'm in lust with the new Sony H9.....I want it sooooo baaaad :-[ ;D .....I'm trying to make myself wait until the end of the year when the prices come down a little though...

I believe this is the Canon my dad has and really likes it a lot (and it is more in the price range you mentioned)
    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSho...7859317&sr=1-3
    <br />[b]SEE MY FAVORITE JAKE PHOTOS HERE: [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathy1976/sets/72157600396116652/[/url

Thanks everyone we're still looking and I'll look into the ones you've mentioned. I don't think I'll talk SU into spending much more than $300 though since we're trying for a baby and have a few other things we're trying to save for.

Here are some cameras around $300 bucks that have received great reviews....

- Canon PowerShot A710 IS 7.1MP $255
    - Canon A640 Black 10.0 MP $280 Includes a free 1GB Transcend SD card
    - Canon S3 IS Black 6.0 MP $305 12x Optical Zoom

2gb SD Flash memory $20 bucks...
    - Transcend 2GB Secure Digital (SD)

Also, Dpreview.com is a great site for camera reviews...

I like the Canon S3 IS and I can afford that...I'll check into it a little closer. Have you ordered anything from that website Jimbo? Amazon.com has the camera for a few cents cheaper but I haven't looked for the card yet.

Thanks for the opinions.

maggieandfinn is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    I like the Canon S3 IS and I can afford that...I'll check into it a little closer. Have you ordered anything from that website Jimbo? Amazon.com has the camera for a few cents cheaper but I haven't looked for the card yet.

Thanks for the opinions.
    We order from newegg a couple times a year for computer parts and never have any issues. Everything arrives in 3 days or less too.

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine

Thanks for the opinions.
    I've ordered from Newegg.com for the past 5 years and rarely have had any problems... They have great customer service and fast shipping.

B&H Photo/Video is another good company that I occasionally use. They also have fast shipping and great customer service...

Thanks a bunch I think I'm going to go ahead and get the Canon I may check a few stores to see if they have it otherwise I'll order it.