ASSIGNMENT #9 -- MOTION BLUR -- CRITIQUE HERE

Thread: ASSIGNMENT #9 -- MOTION BLUR -- CRITIQUE HERE

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultASSIGNMENT #9 -- MOTION BLUR -- CRITIQUE HERE

I think a lot of you were trying to make this assignment harder than it was. In the end, you got some great results!!!

georgie -- nice attempt. You've really got great blur on the bird. I wish it were
    a little closer in the frame, but you captured it.

Linda1 -- your combination of shutter speed and aperature work well here. I love it.
    The basketball is recognizable for what it is, and the movement is depicted well with
    the blurring. Nice.

Jimb -- good blur on the water cascading over the bottom of the pan. Would have been
    ultimately cool if you would have created a little waterfall in the sink by stacking
    pans Shot would have been better if you had removed the clutter from the sink
    counter. Great job.

Emily N Rio -- excellent work. Nice combo of shutter speed with aperture setting
    to create a really cool shot. Except for the sloping horizon Very good!

zoesmom -- good attempt. I love the movement you've captured. Were you using a
    tripod? I think it would have been an excellent shot if you had the camera on
    a tripod (I don't think you did ... but regardless, this is great.

Labz4Me -- excellent. This is a nice shot for the blurred movement. Composition
    could use some work, but I won't pick at you

chocco_23 -- I love this. Excellent technique. I can't tell if it's a pool
    ball or a tennis ball, but I love the way the background is blurred and you've
    captured a spin on the ball but the ball is pretty focused too. Nice!

merlin -- Not quite there. The entire shot is blurry. You needed to park the
    camera somewhere with a slow shutter speed and let the dog run by. But I think
    you have the idea. Remember to shoot at the dog's level, not down on him.

Aim -- get out of here!!! this is perfect. Love it. Frame it and hang it on
    your wall. Excellent job.

Cinder4evr -- good attempt. You do have blurred movement on the dog so you pass
    this lesson Composition needs work, try not to center your subject and also
    leave room for your subject to move across the photo... here it looks like the
    dog is about to step out of the picture.

gatorblueeyes -- great movement blur and a fun shot. Could have been a bit
    better by exposing the dog a tad more, but it certainly meets the criteria of this
    lesson. Decent composition too, I'd give the dog a tad more room in front of the
    shot.

mattgusmum -- another excellent shot. Did you use a tripod? The entire shot is
    well focused except for the runner... nice technique!

lablover -- good job on the water. I like the way the light in the water is
    blurred as well, looks rather like the filaments in lightbulbs. Nice job.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Jimbo is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: ASSIGNMENT #9 -- MOTION BLUR -- CRITIQUE HERE

Jimbo -- good blur on the water cascading over the bottom of the pan. Would have been
    ultimately cool if you would have created a little waterfall in the sink by stacking
    pans Wink Shot would have been better if you had removed the clutter from the sink
    counter. Great job.
    My wife also thinks I'm a dork for taking a picture of our sink...

chocco_23 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    chocco_23 -- I love this.  Excellent technique.  I can't tell if it's a pool
    ball or a tennis  ball, but I love the way the background is blurred and you've
    captured a spin on the ball but the ball is pretty focused too.  Nice!
    Tennis Ball lol  ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Georgie – This is great. You have caught the movement of the bird well. The background is a little distracting. This shot works for the lesson, though. You can’t always tell the bird where to fly.

Linda1 – Perfect. The shutter speed is slow to allow for blur of the ball. Well done.

Jimbo – Nice blur to the water. Background is distracting, but you’ve caught the essence of the lesson.

Emyly N Rio – Although this is motion blur, I like your billiard ball shot better. The boy is blurred, but is it from motion blur or shallow DOF?

Zoesmom – Great shot. You used a slow SS and the appropriate aperture. Just a note. If you had increased your shutter speed to around 1/20 and adjusted your aperture accordingly, you would have gotten everything but Zoe a little more in focus. I love the movement of the spray in this. Well done.

Labz4Me – Excellent motion blur. Well done.

Chocco_23 – Well done. Great motion blur.

Merlin – Good job. This would have worked better if you had gotten this from Merlin’s side. Side shots show motion blur better because the subject is moving across the plane of sight instead of toward you.

Aim – Excellent. There’s nothing else to say. Well done.

Cinder4Evr – Good try. This would have been better more from the side. I like the motion of the tail.

GatorBlueyes – Great job. I love it. Great composition. Thanks for not centering Jubilee.

Mattgusmum - Excellent job. Frame this and give it to your son. Well done.

Lablover – WOW, great job. Great motion blur.

Emma the Lab - I think this is a good motion blur picture, but it's too dark to differentiate the various components of the picture. The water from the faucet blends in too much with the water in the bowl making it hard to see.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

gatorblueyes is offline Senior Member

gatorblueeyes -- great movement blur and a fun shot. Could have been a bit
    better by exposing the dog a tad more, but it certainly meets the criteria of this
    lesson. Decent composition too, I'd give the dog a tad more room in front of the
    shot.
    Thank you I liked it too because of her ears. I had a hard time getting the right shot distance wise because she wanted to shake ON TOP OF ME so I could never back up fast enough to get what I wanted and then exposure too sheesh that is another story with her LOL!
    <br /><br />...doted on by Andrea...

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

mattgusmum -- another excellent shot. Did you use a tripod? The entire shot is
    well focused except for the runner... nice technique!

No tripod used.........I don't have one......managed to keep my hand steady for once Nice to get a decent photo with my son in it. He is my guinea pig most weeks but I think this is the first photo, with him in it, that has come out OK.

Won't someone please feed me!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Thanks. I was so nervous I wouldn't get a new shot this week. I hated the background but I took what I could get. Photographing animals can make you crazy!!

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Georgie, Amen.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie