Buy now or Later, and what's to come?

Thread: Buy now or Later, and what's to come?

deific Guest

DefaultBuy now or Later, and what's to come?

I am going to be in the market for a new camera. I think my price range is up to $1,500. There seem to be some good cameras out there in that price range. But I also see that prices drop so fast on these things. I am thinking of buying later this summer in July. I'd like to get into taking photos while diving, but currently I take a lot of landscapes. When purchasing should I consider buying a photo printer as well? One of the worse things about having a digital camera is I have 100s of pictures on my computer and only a few actually printed out.
    If I wait to buy a camera, where do they go from here? Right now it looks like I can buy 8-10megapixel prosumer dslrs, but 6 months down the line am I going to be able to get that much more camera?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Buy now or Later, and what's to come?

If I was going to buy a camera right now with $1500 to spend, I'd buy the Canon D30. It's a great camera. If you're going to wait til July, I'd check to see if Canon has introduced any new cameras. The buzz on the streets is that Canon is going to introduce the EOS D40 sometime this year. We were hoping it would have been at the March Photo Show. It wasn't. The speculation is that it will be at least a 10 MP camera. It should go for around that price.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

deific Guest

Thanks for the reply, I was looking at the 30D and the D200. I can't seem to see the benefit of the 30D over the D200 though?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

They are both great cameras. I would hold both of them in your hand. Decide which one feels the best. Which menu is the most logical to you.

CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Shop around. A friend of mine got a great package deal on a Nikon D70S and it came with a small zoom lens in addition to the kit lens, and an Epson printer all for just about $1000.

imported_Jimbo is offline Senior Member

DPreview.com is a great site for camera reviews.

Hopefully Canon will release the 40d in Aug or sooner cause I want one... I have the Canon 30D and I love it. It shoots 5fps which is great for action shots. Good luck...

I want it too, Jimbo. I'm saving all my pennies to upgrade. I have a wedding shot in April. All the money is going into my lens/camera fund.

CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

deific Guest

Thanks for all your help! I will wait as long as I can and keep an eye on this 40D when it comes out.

Mike Bons is offline Senior Member

FYI, I was talking with a friend who is a professional photographer last night who said that Canon is suppose to be coming out with a noise reduction system that will allowing you to shoot at high ISO (~1600) without the noise associated with that.
    I would assume that this technology and Canon's new processor will be available on the new Canon 40D.

I've seen this, too. I thought it was only going to be on the new Powershot. I hope it will be on the 40D

CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie