ANY SPECIFIC TOPICS YOU WANT US TO COVER?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANY SPECIFIC TOPICS YOU WANT US TO COVER?

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultANY SPECIFIC TOPICS YOU WANT US TO COVER?

Okay, we have one more lesson planned, and then would like to know if there is anything specific you need/want to cover or go over. Please post your thoughts in this thread concerning what you'd like to continue with....

Thanks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: ANY SPECIFIC TOPICS YOU WANT US TO COVER?

I'd like to learn more about macro photography. Also, shooting raw with my camera and then processing it. Plus, other than to crop a picture, I don't know much about post processing. Care and handling of our lens--I wonder about some of the products sold to clean the lens and sensor. Shooting with mirror lock up. I've been afraid to mess with that. Just some thought popping into my head. I've enjoyed all the classes and have learned a great deal!!!

Brookville, Pa.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

First I want to say how much I've enjoyed this class!!! Thank you so much for the time you've given us

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd like to learn the best ways to edit a photo in a program like paintshop pro or photoshop. I know how to add fun things to my pictures but not really how to edit.

Also maybe a lesson on what makes a good black and white photo? I bet that would be fun.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

Have we gone into the ins and outs of when to use the flash? I'm never quite sure when to use it.

Won't someone please feed me!

Labz4Me is offline Senior Member

I second learning how to take a good black and white photo! And I've been playing with the macro setting on my P&S camera but haven't a clue what I'm doing. My camera has different color options other than black and white and standard such as "Vivid", Sepia, and Cynaotype. When would I want to use those options?

I don't have any editing programs. Are there any tried and true that you recommend? My assignment for this week was cropped in Shutterfly since Abby was standing next to my hutch and it was showing, as well as a little bit of the floor moulding.

I still need to focus(pun intended) on the "whole picture" as I tend to concentrate on the particular lesson for the week. I'm getting there, though!

I've had so much fun with these assignments and have learned so much! Many many thanks to Linda and Monnie! You're the best!
    Pat from S.E. Pa
    Abby - CGC
    Jack - OCP (official couch potato)

imported_Jimbo is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Labz4Me

I don't have any editing programs. Are there any tried and true that you recommend? My assignment for this week was cropped in Shutterfly since Abby was standing next to my hutch and it was showing, as well as a little bit of the floor moulding.
    Here are a couple threads that may help.... I use Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS and occasionally (freeware) Picasa ...

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,20998.0.html

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...ic,4943.0.html

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the suggestions. We are definitely going to do some lessons working with editing programs. Maybe we'll start those in a couple weeks. Gives us time to bone up on our editing skills. I don't know about Linda, but I know what I do, I just have to figure out how to write it down so I can get it across.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Okay, there are some good suggestions here. I think we can get a few more classes out of this Thank you all so much for your input.

As far as editing programs go, I prefer Paint Shop Pro. It has all the bells and whistles and is very resonably priced (compared to Adobe Photoshop).

We will definitely be doing several fun post processing assignments. I think we can get a B&W class in as well.

As for shooting in RAW. (Which is not to be confused with feeding your dog a RAW diet....) Some people swear by this, others don't. I think this is one you have to go at on your own. I've shot in RAW, but honestly could not see a difference in the end result and all the extra steps in converting it weren't worth my time. There are several conversion programs available online free as well. I forget which one I downloaded. Google it and see what you come up with.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I feel the same as Linda about RAW. I think it definitely has its place. But, you need to be very adept at a post editing software program to make the most of it.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

imported_Jimbo is offline Senior Member

I shoot RAW when I know I'll probably need to make changes to the white balance, adjust the brightness, sharpen the picture, adjust the color tone etc... Heck, I've saved a lot of bad shots by shooting RAW. Converting RAW to JPEG is simple and can be done all at once through batch processing. It may take a couple extra steps but IMO, it's worth the extra effort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast