Couple of questions

Thread: Couple of questions

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

DefaultCouple of questions

I'm probably being really stupid and this has probably been covered already (I have short and long term memory problems ;D that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it!!!) but when DO I and when DON'T I use the flash in day time photos? Here is the same photo with & w/o flash........is it just personal preference for the finished picture? (been playing with macro today) BTW it is overcast today.

Also I don't have a very big memory card for my camera so I usually take pictures in SQ2 1024x768 size so I can take more but they never seem to be very clear. Do I need to take them in SHQ 2272x1704 or HQ 2272x1704 to see an improvement or is it probably just my lack of photographic genius? I like this one, just wondering if it could have been crisper if taken on a different size setting!!

Won't someone please feed me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Couple of questions

Which was with flash and which was without. The first one is better. The second one is overexposed. Flash is excellent for use during the day. It will fill out dark areas of your photos. You have to be very careful using it. Yes, it is a matter of preference at times.
    I would always use the highest resolution possible for the best pictures possible. Save up and buy a larger card. If you're going to take pictures they should be the best quality possible.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

The first picture of the gumnuts is with the flash (looks like night time) the second one is without the flash. Both pictures were taken one after the other, about 10am, overcast, summer morning. Both taken with my P & S in portrait mode, with macro on.

I was hoping that my oldest son who has just come back from overseas would bring me a new, larger, duty free, memory card but unfortunately he couldn't find the one I need :-\ Which is the highest resolution ..... SHQ 2272x1704 or HQ 2272x1704?

Thank you for your help. I know it must be quite time consuming for you.....really, really appreciated

Won't someone please feed me!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I afraid to don't know which is the highest. I would guess the SHQ

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie