All Questions for Lesson #6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Questions for Lesson #6

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultAll Questions for Lesson #6

Post any questions you have about either of the Exposure lessons in this thread.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

chocco_23 Guest

DefaultRe: All Questions for Lesson #6

I have a FUJIFILM camera and i am not sure which category my camera fits into, obviously it is not a canon dslr camera, but i am not sure if it is completely a p&s camera. As my camera has these settings: auto, portrait, landscape, sport, night, video, M, A, S, P. So which category does my camera fit into?

Thanks in advance for taking time to help me solve my problem.

If you can figure out how to change the AV, ISO, and SS on your Fujifilm, then you can do the dSLR lessons. I also have a point & shoot Fujifilm. For the life of me I can't figure out how to change the settings in manual. When my Canon was in the shop, I had to use the Fuji. Of course, I couldn't find the manual for it. There just weren't the buttons that the dSLR has to change the settings. Hope this helps.

CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

chocco_23 Guest

Yes, it does help, i am like you with your fujifilm i CANNOT figure out how to change the settings in the manual mode, all it does is let me change some numbers in the botton left corner- but i don't know what the numbers mean.

I know how to change the ISO, that is pretty straight forward on my camera. Do you change the AV in the A mode and the SS in the S mode? But how do you change the SS and AV in the same picture, because i thought with the different modes that when you changed the AV in A mode, that that was the only setting you could change, (one setting at a time, type of thing). ???

You're correct. In S mode, you change SS and the camera set the aperture. In A mode, you change the aperture and the camera sets the SS. In manual, you set both the aperture and shutter speed. I just can't figure out how to do it.

CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

chocco_23 Guest

Niether can I, it is so difficult to figure out!! >

Your manual should tell you how to do it. I just couldn't find my manual. I didn't want to know bad enough to look it up online.

CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

lablover is offline Senior Member

I have a Canon PowerShot S500 ... which I would think of as a point and shoot. I do have auto mode where I can change macro and infinity lens, continuous shooting & self timer. Then I have manual mode where I can change all the above & ISO to 400, adjust the exposure compensation,white balance, photo effect, AF lock, AE lock, FE lock. I cannot change the f stop or aperture. Because of this I would not be able to do what is needed for the DSLR cameras ... but I would be able to do more that what is needed for the point and shoot.

How do you want me to use my camera for this lesson? Point and shoot or a part DSLR?

Sue and anyone, I really don't care which lesson you do. I just don't think some of the point and shoots are capable of letting you do the assignments. I would do what you can and let the rest go. You might want to post your final picture for critique in the P&S lesson. I, for one, am going to be much harder in my critiques of the exposure pictures from dSLR people. By the end of this lesson, they should know how to get good exposure. The P&S people are more at the mercy of their cameras. I would definitely try to read and understand the dSLR exposure lesson. You never know when you'll have a dSLR one day.

CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

I would like to see the instructors' pics as to what is considered a "good exposure" pic vs a "not so good exposure" pic.

thanks
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast