NEED HELP!!!

Thread: NEED HELP!!!

chocco_23 Guest

DefaultNEED HELP!!!

For assignment #5, i am using portrait mode for Shallow DOF and landscape for Broad DOF. The problem is the portrait mode doesn't look any different apart from it is a bit darker (i have noticed this before), here are 2 pictures- 1 using landscape mode the other portrait:

Landscape mode:

Portrait mode:

As you can see, there isn't much difference. Would this be because my camera is only a basic digital (Fujifilm finepix E550) and that it doesn't have all the complicated settings that ultimately can make your pictures look better?

Please help, i am getting very frustrated. :-\

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: NEED HELP!!!

I am having the same trouble. I bet I have taken 200 pictures this week and just cannot tell any difference.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Unfortunately, this is about all the difference you're going to get with a point and shoot. There actually is a lot of difference in the ivy and concrete block. Look at the ivy and block on the right hand side of both pictures. In the top picture, it's very sharp. In the 2nd one, it's much more blurry.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

chocco_23 Guest

Should i just post these 2 pictures, because i think this is the best i am going to get with them, the blurriness is rubbish compared to your buddysmom, but as you and i said it is the best i am going to get. :-\ frustrating, but i think that they are pretty good pictures; with my inexperience lol.

Thanks for the comments, but anymore would be appreciated.
    Thanks

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I can see a difference in the background, and yes, this is probably the best DOF you will get with a camera you cannot make the necessary adjustments too. I think in the 2nd shot your dog must've moved a twitch as the dog is blurry and shouldn't be.

These shots do show that you understand the assignment. You can use them, or you can try for some more, your choice

chocco_23 Guest

I think i may post these, i was lucky with these the damn dog stayed still for me- she normally can't stay still to save her life, lol.

Thanks for the advise though- helped me a LOT!!

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

You have to remember I have a dSLR. These shots were taken in manual. It really does make a world of difference.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

chocco_23 Guest

I tried taking pictures in manual- i was fiddling with the aperture setting but my manual book was telling me different things to what i know my camera does e.g. In the manual it said something about a open and closed aperture, but my camera just lets me change the numbers, i spent ages adjusting the aperture settings but found no difference as the settings only go from f/2.8 to f/8.

I will try to get some pictures using the portrait and landscape modes, because those results are about the best i will get.