INSTRUCTOR'S CRITIQUE - ASSIGNMENT #4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: INSTRUCTOR'S CRITIQUE - ASSIGNMENT #4

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultINSTRUCTOR'S CRITIQUE - ASSIGNMENT #4

I am delighted that I'm seeing so much overall improvement by everyone. You all deserve a pat on the back. I love it that you are really beginning to learn and to get better photos. Keep up the good work!!!

Linda1 -- I really like how you got creative for this. Excellent reflection and nice
    composition as well. Good job all around!

yellalablady -- fantastic reflection. I like the composition of this photo. It is
    very well focused and offers good shadows as well.

georgie -- a very well done silhouette. I'm glad to see you got creative with this
    assignment. This photo not only meets the criteria of the lesson, but it also tells
    a story. Good job.

zoesmom -- awesome reflection and shadow. I do find the broad stripe of shadow a bit
    distracting (it must be from the window sill?) but this certainly is a nice job. I
    like the little bit of color the wine adds to the photo as well.

Kimmers -- nice job with shadows and silhouette. I like your composition and the story
    your photo tells. All around good job.

TheBigRaloo -- what a sweet shot. Nice use of the available light. The shadows really
    enhance the little guy. I love the warmth you've captured on his skin tone as well. This
    is a definite keeper!

sidneygirl -- awesome use of the mirror. If only that door had been closed, it would have
    made the shot perfect Did you use a flash on this? It doesn't appear that you
    did... I like the lighting. Good job!

KLM -- Excellent use of shadows. I love it, and loved your outtakes on this as well. You
    have really captured the spirit of this assignment, IMHO. Nice shooting.

Labz4Me -- another wonderful shadow shot. I could nitpick at you for having that tree
    centered, but the eye is actually drawn away from center by the shadow, so in this case
    it really has worked to "break the rules" a bit. You probably needed just a bit more
    room on the left side to get all the tree shadow. Nice!

ownlabnjrt -- wow, I love the way you've framed this using the dark shadows of the barn.
    This is a very artistic piece and although you've pretty much centered your main subject, it works
    very well here. Bravo!

azlab -- an excellent example of silhouette. I like the composition and the colors you have
    captured as well. Good job on this one.

chocco_23 -- nice try, but honestly this shot is just under-exposed all the way around (but I
    think you already know that . Next time try positioning the dog in front of a bright light
    source, like a window or door with the sun filtering in and shoot directly at the sunlight
    to create a silhouette of the dog.

Emma the Lab -- You have a good start on a shadow there. Wish we could have seen the entire
    shadow. Remember to "crop with your feet" If you had moved back a few paces you would have
    gotten all of her shadow. Good try

gingersdad -- you did get some good shadows in the woods, but this one just isn't working
    for me. The dog is a bit overexposed. I think if you would have positioned yourself in
    front of the dog, you could have captured the dogs shadow, and that would have worked really
    well for you. Good effort

Emyly N Rio -- awesome silhouette of the grasses in the foreground. I like the composition
    and the color on this. A really nice job.

Jimbo -- a great sunset and nice silhouette of the hills in the distance. The jet trails
    are distracting. I know you couldn't do anything about them out in the field You have
    nice exposure and color on this.

Aim -- awesome. I love this one. It's stark. It's cold. That bit of red from his coat
    really catches the eye. The shadow is superb. A wonderful job.

hark67 -- fantastic reflection. It took me a moment to understand what I was looking at.
    Very crisp, sharp focus on the geese. Nice color. I like that you included the branches
    in the foreground as well. Great job.

CaliforniaLabLover -- it works. You got a decent reflection even with the double paned
    windows. I would have liked to see you move in a bit closer to crop off the upper part of
    the door/window, bringing the focus more to the forefront and reflection. Nice effort.

Katies Mom -- arrrrgggghhh, get that date off there :P Nothing shrieks amerature like a
    big ole date stamp on your photo Despite that, this is a lovely shot, nice color, nice
    composition, wonderful silhouette.

Kwinon -- I like the reflection you've gotten in the stove/dishwasher (I can't tell which
    it is). That was really creative of you. Remember our previous lessons about composition
    and getting down on the dog's level??? If you had been on the same level as the dogs this
    would have been excellent, but standing up and shooting down on the dogs makes it not
    work as well. But you did get the reflection in there

Anne -- very nice shot. Good reflection. Nice compositon. Lovely color. I wish it were
    bigger so I could see the details more. Good job.

lablover -- beautiful sunset and silhouette of the trees in the foreground. My only
    complaint with it is... it's a bit too busy. It would have been stunning if you could
    have isolated one or three threes. Still, you did great for the assignment.

Sadies Mom -- interesting shot. I like the added color of the plant, but find it distracting
    as well because it's really cut off. The shadow under the lizard would be nicer if it were
    darker and more defined. Is that lizard actually on the floor, or in the air. It looks
    very three dimensional to me, which is the main reason I like it.

Buckyball, as your picture opened I thought WOW, until I scrolled all the way down and saw
    the corner of the table. That ruins it. You should have gotten in closer to eliminate the
    corner. The reflection of the light on the glass is perfect for this assignement. I think
    you were trying to get the reflection of the glass on the table... and that ain't working
    for me. The composition and colors are lovely.

Cinder4evr -- it works. I had to look at it twice to see if that was a shadow dog, or a
    silhouette. Good use of the light against the fence.

TroopersMom -- nice beginnings of a shadow, but you cut the shadow off. Step back a pace or
    three and get the whole dog/shadow in there, that would be cool.

gatorblueyes -- great reflection and inventive too. Were you driving? If so, shame on you.
    And pay attention to the road, not your camera and settings With that said, I do like
    this one. Good job.

2LabPups -- yes it is severly cropped, a bit too much so for me. Good capture of the
    reflection though. This actually looks nicer to me cut in half showing only the lower
    portion of the wall, the puddles and the reflection.

sirhobart -- excellent reflection. Exposure on the dog is a tad over exposed. I would
    have cropped this to include only the dog and his reflection (not the ball, I find that
    distracting). Also this was so big, it would not all load on my dialup at home.

mattsgusmum -- a good attempt at shadow. I think you need more shadow for this to be
    effective. Also, remember your composition and try not to center your subject so much.
    Nice exposure for bright sand.

rockwater -- please post only one photo in the assignments unless the assignment asks for
    you to post more than one. The first image of the duck is a wonderful reflection capture.
    Your exposure and color are nice. Composition could be a bit better by giving a little more
    room in front of the duck so she is not so centered.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: INSTRUCTOR'S CRITIQUE - ASSIGNMENT #4

JL Photography Class Critique of Lesson #4

GENERAL COMMENTS – I felt some of you just took a picture of your dog and his shadow or reflection. This in itself doesn’t make for an interesting shot. Shadows and reflections can be very distracting from a shot, if you’re not careful. Every good photo tells a story or has some sort of appeal to it. Yes, you can take advantage of the shadows and reflection to achieve that story or appeal. Take my picture. To me the appeal is that you’re not sure if you’re looking up into the tree, or as is the case, the tree is growing down into the water. It makes you look twice. I was disappointed that so many people posted old pictures. I had to post an old picture because my camera is in the shop. Sorry if this sounds like a lecture. Everyone really is doing well and learning a lot. I feel some of you just forgot all about composition this week. Just because you’re taking a picture of some particular thing, don’t forget the other things that you’ve learned.

Linda1 – Great shot. I love the DOF around the mirror. I like the camera in the picture. It helps tell the story of what was going on. Remember, all photos should be picture stories. You did a good job getting you and the camera so sharp.

Georgie – You’ve done a very good job getting Abby/Molly in silhouette. I would crop some of the bright outside away. I would try to keep it to 1/3 of the picture.

Zoesmom – Stunning photo. It is a perfect example of our lesson. I’d clone out the yellow spot on the right, and clone countertop over the black area on the bottom left. Well done.

Kimmers – Nice use of a silhouette. I would like to see a little more contrast. I’d also clone or crop out the man bending over in the background.

Raian – Wonderful shot of Magnolia Bridge. Perfect example of a reflection.

TheBigRaloo – This shot is very nicely lit. It brings out the color of your son’s eyes. I love the lighting on his face. Good job.

Sidneygirl – Nice job. I like the reflection in the mirror. You could have improved it by moving in and getting just her face in the mirror. It would have gotten rid of the extra stuff in the background. When there is extra room in a picture, the eye naturally will wander around the photo. This distracts from the main subject. Most people do not get close enough to their subject when taking pictures.

KLM – Nice shot of your shadows. It would have been nice to have you in there, too. Small you vs. large shadows would have added a little interest.

Labz4Me – You’ve captured the tree shadow well. I might try moving a little to your left and moving the tree over to the right 1/3 line. This would help it follow the ROTs, and get the whole shadow of the tree in the picture.

Ownlabnjrt – Wonderful shot. I love this reverse silhouette. I might crop off some the darkness on either side. This would keep the silhouette appeal to the picture and focus on the house a little more.

Azlab – Great job. You’ve captured a great shot of the sunset and the palms. You’ve kept the sky to 1/3 of the picture. This is especially important when there are no clouds in the sky. If the sky was full of clouds, you could have up to 2/3 of your photo taken up with sky. When there are no clouds, even with a lovely sunset, you should keep the sky area to about 1/3.

Chocco_23 – I think you’re trying to get a silhouette shot. You actually have too much light on his back for a silhouette.

Emma the Lab – I think you’re trying to use the reflection for the assignment. If so, you need to get the whole shadow in the picture. You almost don’t notice the shadow with the head missing. Try turning the camera side ways so that your excess room is on the top and bottom rather than the sides. Good try.

Gingersdad – I know what you’re trying to do with this picture. There is very nice light on Ginger. It would have fit the lesson better if the woods had been darker. It would have given the shot more contrast. This is what you’re going for when you do silhouettes. You want a lot of contrast between light and dark.

Emyly N Rio – Great landscape shot. You’ve followed the ROTs well. The grass and trees make a wonderful silhouette. The reflection of the sun’s rays on the water is great. Nice rendition of the lesson.

Jimbo – I love the silhouette of the mountains against the sunset. I would have cropped most of the blue from the sky. If you were trying to capture the trail of the jet, in this case, I would crop it out. It’s too small and the sky is too big and clear. There’s just too much blank area that makes the mountains look small and insignificant. If there had been clouds in the sky, you could have used this much sky. There would have been something to catch your interest. We learned in one of my class to always keep the sky to 1/3 of the photo when there are no clouds in the sky.

Aim – You may change it, but this is the one I’m critiquing. LOL I love it. The composition is perfect. The child studying his shadow is priceless. Well done.

Hark67 – Nice shot. What no pictures of them taking off? LOL I like this a lot. The reflection of the geese is perfect. This is another one of those times, IMO, that going against the ROTs works well. I love the strip of geese across the center of the shot.

CaliforniaLabLover – Nice shot. Great reflection. I would take off a little over her head. There’s a little too much dead space there. Nice job.

Katie’s Mom – This is just a little too dark, IMO. The dark area in the upper right looks like vignetting.

Kwinon – At first I didn’t know what this was about. Then I saw the reflections. Very nice. The shot is a little overexposed.

Anne – Very nice. I love the reflection. I like the composition of this one, too. You’ve done a very good job.

LabLover – Nice sunset. Colors are very nice with a nice silhouette of the trees.

Sadies Mom – This is awesome. I love it. He looks like he’s hanging in the air. You could have shot this at f/4. This would have raised the shutter speed. It’s hard to hand hold at 1/25 of a second. You might want to post process this to make the shadow darker. Great shot.

Buckyball – This is a very nice shot, but I’m not sure how it fits the lesson. I supposing its the reflections.

Cinder4evr – Nice reflection. Since this is what you want to be the center of attention in your photo, I would have made the refection bigger by shooting less of the fence. Good job.

Trooper’s Mom - You needed to move back just a little and get all of Trooper and his shadow in the picture.

Gatorblueyes – You did a good job. It’s hard to get a good angle on side mirrors. You’ve done well. Very interesting perspective.

2Labpups – Nice reflection on the flag. Watch cropping pictures this way. Unless you’re doing a photo montage or scrapbook, there’s no use for this size picture. It would have been better to have off set the flagpole, kept the flag flying into the picture and add a little more room to the right set. It would have been a more pleasing photo.

Sirhobart – Nice reflection. Next time either step back more to get both the soccerball and all of Hobart in the picture, or, and this is my preference, only include Hobart, all of Hobart.

Mattgusmum - This would have been a great shot if you had stepped back just a little and gotten all of the kettle.

Rockwater – Since you’re only supposed to post one picture, I’m just going to critique the one that I feel could use it the most. In the 2nd picture, I would like to see a little more contrast between light and dark. I don’t know how much photoshopping skill you have. But, this picture screams for multiple layers. I would make a levels adjustment layer and lighten that layer. I would then adjust the opacity and blend the two or more layers until it looked like you wanted. Great job on all your shots. I like them.

AbbyandMolly – I would rather have seen a more obvious shadow rather than a dark spot on the ground.

JL Photography Class Critique of Lesson #4

GENERAL COMMENTS – I felt some of you just took a picture of your dog and his shadow or reflection. This in itself doesn’t make for an interesting shot. Shadows and reflections can be very distracting from a shot, if you’re not careful. Every good photo tells a story or has some sort of appeal to it. Yes, you can take advantage of the shadows and reflection to achieve that story or appeal. Take my picture. To me the appeal is that you’re not sure if you’re looking up into the tree, or as is the case, the tree is growing down into the water. It makes you look twice. I was disappointed that so many people posted old pictures. I had to post an old picture because my camera is in the shop. Sorry if this sounds like a lecture. Everyone really is doing well and learning a lot. I feel some of you just forgot all about composition this week. Just because you’re taking a picture of some particular thing, don’t forget the other things that you’ve learned.

Linda1 – Great shot. I love the DOF around the mirror. I like the camera in the picture. It helps tell the story of what was going on. Remember, all photos should be picture stories. You did a good job getting you and the camera so sharp.

Georgie – You’ve done a very good job getting Abby/Molly in silhouette. I would crop some of the bright outside away. I would try to keep it to 1/3 of the picture.

Zoesmom – Stunning photo. It is a perfect example of our lesson. I’d clone out the yellow spot on the right, and clone countertop over the black area on the bottom left. Well done.

Kimmers – Nice use of a silhouette. I would like to see a little more contrast. I’d also clone or crop out the man bending over in the background.

Raian – Wonderful shot of Magnolia Bridge. Perfect example of a reflection.

TheBigRaloo – This shot is very nicely lit. It brings out the color of your son’s eyes. I love the lighting on his face. Good job.

Sidneygirl – Nice job. I like the reflection in the mirror. You could have improved it by moving in and getting just her face in the mirror. It would have gotten rid of the extra stuff in the background. When there is extra room in a picture, the eye naturally will wander around the photo. This distracts from the main subject. Most people do not get close enough to their subject when taking pictures.

KLM – Nice shot of your shadows. It would have been nice to have you in there, too. Small you vs. large shadows would have added a little interest.

Labz4Me – You’ve captured the tree shadow well. I might try moving a little to your left and moving the tree over to the right 1/3 line. This would help it follow the ROTs, and get the whole shadow of the tree in the picture.

Ownlabnjrt – Wonderful shot. I love this reverse silhouette. I might crop off some the darkness on either side. This would keep the silhouette appeal to the picture and focus on the house a little more.

Azlab – Great job. You’ve captured a great shot of the sunset and the palms. You’ve kept the sky to 1/3 of the picture. This is especially important when there are no clouds in the sky. If the sky was full of clouds, you could have up to 2/3 of your photo taken up with sky. When there are no clouds, even with a lovely sunset, you should keep the sky area to about 1/3.

Chocco_23 – I think you’re trying to get a silhouette shot. You actually have too much light on his back for a silhouette.

Emma the Lab – I think you’re trying to use the reflection for the assignment. If so, you need to get the whole shadow in the picture. You almost don’t notice the shadow with the head missing. Try turning the camera side ways so that your excess room is on the top and bottom rather than the sides. Good try.

Gingersdad – I know what you’re trying to do with this picture. There is very nice light on Ginger. It would have fit the lesson better if the woods had been darker. It would have given the shot more contrast. This is what you’re going for when you do silhouettes. You want a lot of contrast between light and dark.

Emyly N Rio – Great landscape shot. You’ve followed the ROTs well. The grass and trees make a wonderful silhouette. The reflection of the sun’s rays on the water is great. Nice rendition of the lesson.

Jimbo – I love the silhouette of the mountains against the sunset. I would have cropped most of the blue from the sky. If you were trying to capture the trail of the jet, in this case, I would crop it out. It’s too small and the sky is too big and clear. There’s just too much blank area that makes the mountains look small and insignificant. If there had been clouds in the sky, you could have used this much sky. There would have been something to catch your interest. We learned in one of my class to always keep the sky to 1/3 of the photo when there are no clouds in the sky.

Aim – You may change it, but this is the one I’m critiquing. LOL I love it. The composition is perfect. The child studying his shadow is priceless. Well done.

Hark67 – Nice shot. What no pictures of them taking off? LOL I like this a lot. The reflection of the geese is perfect. This is another one of those times, IMO, that going against the ROTs works well. I love the strip of geese across the center of the shot.

CaliforniaLabLover – Nice shot. Great reflection. I would take off a little over her head. There’s a little too much dead space there. Nice job.

Katie’s Mom – This is just a little too dark, IMO. The dark area in the upper right looks like vignetting.

Kwinon – At first I didn’t know what this was about. Then I saw the reflections. Very nice. The shot is a little overexposed.

Anne – Very nice. I love the reflection. I like the composition of this one, too. You’ve done a very good job.

LabLover – Nice sunset. Colors are very nice with a nice silhouette of the trees.

Sadies Mom – This is awesome. I love it. He looks like he’s hanging in the air. You could have shot this at f/4. This would have raised the shutter speed. It’s hard to hand hold at 1/25 of a second. You might want to post process this to make the shadow darker. Great shot.

Buckyball – This is a very nice shot, but I’m not sure how it fits the lesson. I supposing its the reflections.

Cinder4evr – Nice reflection. Since this is what you want to be the center of attention in your photo, I would have made the refection bigger by shooting less of the fence. Good job.

Trooper’s Mom - You needed to move back just a little and get all of Trooper and his shadow in the picture.

Gatorblueyes – You did a good job. It’s hard to get a good angle on side mirrors. You’ve done well. Very interesting perspective.

2Labpups – Nice reflection on the flag. Watch cropping pictures this way. Unless you’re doing a photo montage or scrapbook, there’s no use for this size picture. It would have been better to have off set the flagpole, kept the flag flying into the picture and add a little more room to the right set. It would have been a more pleasing photo.

Sirhobart – Nice reflection. Next time either step back more to get both the soccerball and all of Hobart in the picture, or, and this is my preference, only include Hobart, all of Hobart.

Mattgusmum - This would have been a great shot if you had stepped back just a little and gotten all of the kettle.

Rockwater – Since you’re only supposed to post one picture, I’m just going to critique the one that I feel could use it the most. In the 2nd picture, I would like to see a little more contrast between light and dark. I don’t know how much photoshopping skill you have. But, this picture screams for multiple layers. I would make a levels adjustment layer and lighten that layer. I would then adjust the opacity and blend the two or more layers until it looked like you wanted. Great job on all your shots. I like them.

AbbyandMolly – I would rather have seen a more obvious shadow rather than a dark spot on the ground.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Yellardawg is offline Senior Member

Linda1 -- Good job, I'm glad you got creative with it.

Buddysmom -- wonderful job

georgie -- Great job. This is a silouette, the fading that you refer to is the siloette...the object appears shadowlike...you did it and did it well.

zoesmom -- I like it alot, like the angle (not typical) and the translucency of the wine added alot to it for me.

Kimmers -- beautiful, I bet that she was more than happy with it.

Raian -- gorgeous.

TheBigRaloo -- Like the lighting, very warm, firelike. Nice picture in general But, I don't get the silouette from it (might just be me).

sidneygirl -- cute picture, good job capturing the reflection, I agree about the door.

KLM -- I love it, I do think that you picked the right one (although I liked all of your outtakes as well). The long shadows really speak.

Labz4Me -- Good job, shadow is great, tree is pretty much silouetted.

ownlabnjrt -- Nice job. It's somewhat a reverse silouette. The shadows frame well.

azlab -- Great silouette, nice sunset.

chocco_23 -- This is just an underexposed shot. To silouette, you need backlighting, either natural or artificial. Sunsets and sunrises are great for this because the light is so low on the horizon.

Emma the Lab -- I agree on the shadow and if you'd have moved your feet you could have easily changed the angle and captured a reflection in the water as well.

gingersdad -- Good try, but the shadow needs to contrast with the subject for me and your shadows are the background in my eye.

Emyly N Rio -- Very good, reminds me of alot of places that I've duck hunted over the years, sunrise often silouettes things in the marsh and give me a warm feeling.

Jimbo -- I really like looking at this one. If I stare at the ground, then it almost glows for me and the sunset silouetting the hills in the background is very nice.

Aim -- Great Picture, so much that it tells.

hark67 -- You chose a subject that is near to me and I do understand how difficult it can be to get those pics. I find the branches to be distracting...but, sometimes you take what they will give you and if you'd have gotten to the point that they weren't an issue, your subject would have been long gone. I think it's a super picture and a great example of looking for reflections. The dusky black and white of the Canada geese really makes for an interesting reflection. good job.

CaliforniaLabLover -- I love the angle of reflection, you get to see the opposite side of your pups face and it fills out it's expression. Trully adds dimension to what could have been a 'flat' picture. Very nice.

Katies Mom -- Very nice silouette, gorgeous color.

Kwinon --I love the reflection, I agree get on the dogs level. What I do like is that there is another dog in the reflection other than our 'subject', one that doesn't appear in the lower part of the picture, very interesting to me.

Anne -- You should consider it a favorite, I love the look of your pup, the tilted head and the reflection...all caught in the grass. I do like it alot.

lablover -- Gorgeous colors, great siloette. Good job.

Sadies Mom -- Very cool. Anoles are a neat creature. Good try on the shadow, great color.

Buckyball - the reflections in the vase are very very cool.

Cinder4evr -- I think it's pretty cool, nice work.

TroopersMom -- Nice try...frame the shadow, think about the end product while you're doing it.

gatorblueyes -- I like it...love the clouds, nice job. Raian asked if you were driving...if you were, how'd you manage to take a picture out of the passengers side of the truck?

2LabPups -- I like this picture...love the multiple reflections in the puddles. would like to see the original full sized photo to see if there is another crop that you may have missed.

sirhobart -- I like the picture, nice reflection. The ball is distracting. Love the texture of the ice.

mattsgusmum -- I don't see shadow, I see your reflection in the tea pot. Nice job, could you have gotten something different if you'd have shot the picture flatter instead of down?

rockwater -- nice jobs. The tree is a little dark for me, it's more of a silouette. The Diver is really nice.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

chocco_23 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    chocco_23 -- nice try, but honestly this shot is just under-exposed all the way around (but I
    think you already know that . Next time try positioning the dog in front of a bright light
    source, like a window or door with the sun filtering in and shoot directly at the sunlight
    to create a silhouette of the dog.
    yes, i know, i tried my best to take a good picture, but it has been pretty cloudy and dark this week. I think i am improving, well i hope so. It helps, with your critique i love photography nad taking pictures and i hope i am improving.
    thanks

imported_2Labpups is offline Senior Member

2LabPups -- I like this picture...love the multiple reflections in the puddles. would like to see the original full sized photo to see if there is another crop that you may have missed.
    I know I shouldn't have cropped, but it is a busy picture and in my opinion you wouldn't have been able too tell what I was actually taken a picture of. :-\

Here's the original picture

Donna, slave to Gidget and Lucy Lou<br />Gidget, CGC, JH, SH&nbsp; &nbsp; Lucy, CGC, JH, SH<br />

Sadies Mom is offline Senior Member

Sadies Mom -- interesting shot. I like the added color of the plant, but find it distracting
    as well because it's really cut off. The shadow under the lizard would be nicer if it were
    darker and more defined. Is that lizard actually on the floor, or in the air. It looks
    very three dimensional to me, which is the main reason I like it.
    Thank you! I did crop this picture because I felt it was too busy before, maybe I cropped too much. I'll post the original, can you let me know if I cropped too much then? The Anole is actually inside his tank (on the side) and that is part of why I liked it soo much, he looks like he is in mid air!

Thank you! I love the in the air look of it too. I was having trouble with shooting this because I had to be so close to the glass that my camera wounldn't allow me to take the picture unless I backed up a little. I am still learning the camera(and lenses)! I actually had my camera sitting on an ice cream bucket because of the slow shutter speed, LOL.

Here is the original picture:

<br />Dawn<br />mom to 3 kids, 1 angel, 3 anoles, 2 cats, &amp; 1 lab<br />

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I actually like the originial better... if you cut the dark part off the top and leave the rest. Nice job. I would never have guessed he was on glass.

sidneygirl is offline Senior Member

I knew someone would say that, lol. But it was just such a moment I really didnt have time to focus on the background. I cropped it, I think this looks better.... Thanks

<br /><br />RUGER, JUST CHILLIN

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

2Labpups - Yes, it is busy, but it's better than the crop. I actually like it. The busy part is at the top an the reflection alone at the bottom. I think it works.

Sadies Mom - I knew he wasn't on the wall. I never considered he was in a tank. I guess because my cat brings those anoles inside and releases them all the time. They end up on my African Violet's plant stand where they can get water. They are always crawling around on the brick wall behind the plant stand. I prefer the first one you posted. The dark band is distracting. I find that since the anole and his shadow are the subject that the entire plant is too distracting, too.

Sidney Girl - That is perfect. I love it. See what we mean about the distracting background. Now there is nothing to distract from her sweet face. Great crop job.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Sadies Mom is offline Senior Member

Yeah we have those anoles as pets up here in the cold north
    <br />Dawn<br />mom to 3 kids, 1 angel, 3 anoles, 2 cats, &amp; 1 lab<br />

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast