Outtakes from Assignment 1 & 2 (CLOSED)
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outtakes from Assignment 1 & 2 (CLOSED)

Emyly is offline Senior Member

DefaultOuttakes from Assignment 1 & 2 (CLOSED)

I know there have got to be some pretty funny pictures that didn't make the cut for one (or two) reasons or another out there. Or maybe they're just shots that you really really like but weren't appropriate (like you used a flash or whatever). Let's see them and hear their story! *runs off to pick one*

Edited to change title making it outtakes for all assignments

CLOSED and a new thread stared for Assignment #3 in order to save those on dial up (Good Idea, Zoesmom!)
    ~Em~

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hark67 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anyone wanna share OUTTAKES from Assignment #1?

Ok Emyly, I'll share!

First of all, let me say that taking pictures of birds is, well, for the birds! I froze my fanny off for this assignment! If it weren't for the bold blue jays and squirrels I would have no pictures at all.

I tried to make myself as inconspicuous as possible but as soon as that huge lens moved, every bird would scatter. Thank goodness for digital because half of the shots I took were of an empty feeder or an empty tree! I was tempted to cheat and use one of the photos that I took through the kitchen window the day before but that would have been cheating. Not to mention they came out kind of foggy because of the dirty window(thanks to lots of bird collisions)

Anyway, the picture of the Northern Flicker(how did God create such a beautiful bird?) was taken through the window. How I wish I could get one of him outside but he spooks so easily, even when I am inside. Little Carolina Wren is also taken from inside. Usually pretty bold and always stinking cute, he did not come around when I was outside freezing my butt!

The other 2 shots are from outside. There were at least 8 squirrels fighting over seeds(or maybe a shot at fame?) I rewarded two of them with a one way ticket over the river to beautiful, scenic New Jersey(couresy of a Havahart trap!)

I think the last picture is pretty funny....too bad it cropped so much of Mr. Jay off and is not in very good focus.....look closely at the background!!!

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hark67

I think the last picture is pretty funny....too bad it cropped so much of Mr. Jay off and is not in very good focus.....look closely at the background!!!

I would have never caught that if you hadn't said something, I don't think...that's GREAT! Too funny!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hark, that's a neat set of pics. I've never seen a Northern Flicker. . . my neighbors keep teasing me that there's one in the neighborhood.

Here's a pic I took before I realized that the flash would fire even outside unless I turned it off (I'm new to my Rebel XTi.

The shadow ruins the effect, and of course there's the angle, but it is very definitely my boy Duke doing his "Mom, can I have the cookie yet? PLEEEEASE" routine, which is what the whole photo shoot revolved around. The 8 inches of snow made the whole session fun.
    ~Em~

Here's one more from my photoshoot. . . but she's not a lab. Meet Tashie, a cocker mix who lives next door. My boys were running the fence and barking their heads off at her, so I went to the other side of the fence to say "hi". . they shut up. While I was over, I crouched down and took a picture of her running at me. I shudder to think how long it took to get the balled up snow out of the feathers on her legs :'(

I was excited that I caught the snow as it flew up in front of her. I'm still experimenting with the action shots.

~Em~

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

I'll play:

It was still dark out when we went to the beach.
    Tried to do my best (w/a new camera I knew nothing about) I wanted the background a little more lit. Put her in a sit and she wanted to sniff instead.
    :

and Zoe does very well at focusing at me if I have a sandball in my hand.
    Well, she decided to shake instead
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Jake and Jazzy, get back here!

I loved this shot, but...I had forgotten to change my white balance and it was set for tungsten. The pictures had a terrible coloring. Since we weren't allowed to PP the pictures, I couldn't use it. I did a terrible job of fixing the color, but I still like the picture.

This was another one take the same day that I didn't change the white balance. Jake quit making faces at me!

Brookville, Pa.

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

These are great guys!! I love the fun photos! Hark that squirrel pic is cool!

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

Now mind you I had 1 day to take pictures and that was less than 1/2 hour as it rained here for most of the days after the lesson was posted .

She was chasing Cierra so I just snapped it I wish I had had time to frame it

Let me tell you a secret

See my wrinkles

Karon<br /><br />

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

oh i've got some!

I really liked this one except Molly isn't really the focal point of the picture and i cut her whole bottom half off (lol)

This one I felt like I was too far above Abby and also Molly's in the background, but she doesn't add to the picture (she takes away IMO)

I was going to use this..and then for some reason I didn't. I think it's because I don't like that she's looking off at something and it doesn't go with the "running towards me" theme I wanted for the picture.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast