Montage for my Baron (aussie/bc mix)

Thread: Montage for my Baron (aussie/bc mix)

Emyly is offline Senior Member

DefaultMontage for my Baron (aussie/bc mix)

I lost my Baron June 19, 2003 to kidney failure.* We fought it for as long as we could with sub q fluids and other tactics to no avail.* He was just a little over one year old and had been with me for less than a year.

Here's his montage and you can read his story below... the montage might make more sense after his story.*

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Baron's Story

We got Baron in July of 02 through a want ad in a paper (before I knew better). He was a border collie/aussie mix.* At 8 weeks of age we started clicker training and he was soon wowing everyone he met. He went everywhere with me and quickly became the darling of his 'grandparents', and of course his 'dad' and I. We survived puppy training and a scratched eye (he got too close to one of the cats!) as well as other mishaps that puppies have. He was the star of his obedience class and we were praised for our excellent rapport-the instructors were amazed at the way he never took his eyes off my face (the "look" command that I taught him with my clicker). Baron went trick or treating with me and sat on Santa's lap at Christmas time. He met his first Donkey at a family reunion (the donkey followed Baron around like a little puppy) and played fetch with a 2-year-old like he was a trained therapy dog. He herded 'his' cats and loved to play fetch with a tennis ball-in fact, up until the last week, he was still learning new tricks. Baron loved people and loved to please his person-me. When I would leave the house he would wait patiently and faithfully by the door until I returned. His favorite people were his dad, my mom and me. He learned how to ring the bell to go outside and how to play his 'grandpa' like a harp at the dinner table for scraps, much to my dismay. His energy and liveliness never hesitated to make me laugh or smile on a bad day. He loved playing with his little brother, Frankie (lab mix) and his girlfriend Baby (terrier mix).* He was a problem solver-you could see the wheels turn in his head when he wanted something, and most of the time he solved the puzzle. He was a good will ambassador-at petsmart or petco he would shake hands and kiss babies, always the gentleman politician. His vocabulary (for commands, treats etc) rivaled that of my high school freshmen. Baron 'kisses' could lighten up any bad mood and he washed countless tears off of my face after his dad and I broke up. Baron thought he was a cat for the first few weeks of his life with me. He played with the turbo-scratcher, the toy mice, and even sniffed catnip with the rest of the kitties. As he got older the cats became playmates and then siblings to bug. At the end, the cats stayed close to him until he nipped at them to go away. Baron was a joy to me and I know that he's at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for me but chasing tennis balls and Frisbees in the meantime.

~Em~

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Montage for my Baron (aussie/bc mix)

Beautiful montage. How sad you lost him so soon, yet how great he had such a full life in that time.

I love his name (I have a brother named Barron), and I absolutely love border collies.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for taking the time to do Baron's montage. His short stay on earth was truly a happy one, thanks to you. Beautiful boy...
    Linda and ZoŽ, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

That was a great montage..sniff. Need to go get tissues from bathroom.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Very touching..... :'( A beautiful tribute for your little boy.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

bump-a-roni
    Linda and ZoŽ, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Kwinon is offline Senior Member

Beautiful tribute!* :'(
    Loved everything about it . . . Baron's montage and his story.
    Very easy to see what a wonderful dog he was.

I'm so sorry for you loss. That's a beautiful tribute to Baron. He's such a cute dog!