Love these lab's heads! ;)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Love these lab's heads! ;)

  1. #1
    SLAB's Avatar
    SLAB is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    97

    DefaultLove these lab's heads! ;)

    Gotta love these Labrador heads!

    image1.JPG

    Certainly doesn't look like a weim.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    yellowbelly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    373

    Default

    head or no head, colouring is all off. eyes too light too.

  4. #3
    jertom's Avatar
    jertom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    267

    Default

    so what are you saying yellowbelly?
    that's not a labrador?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    yellowbelly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    373

    Default

    I am saying that the dilute gene is not natural in the Labrador population.

    Labrador or not, I disagree with breeders making a profit off of breeding FAULTS and clear DISQUALIFICATIONS. That's not proper stewardship of the breed.

    Labrador or not, the color of the fur and the color of the eyes should not be something folks purposely breed for. Have a puppy that color? Sell it on limited registration and no breeding rights. Don't even provide pedigree papers for that kind of puppy.

    Otherwise, enjoy the lab mix, because that color would never show up unless something was mixed in at some point in time...

  7. #5
    jertom's Avatar
    jertom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Is Slab a breeder?
    Is he trying to sell pups?
    Did he ask/want your critique?
    Or was he simply saying he likes the looks of his pup and the shape of lab heads in general?

  8. #6
    windycanyon's Avatar
    windycanyon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    C. WA
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jertom View Post
    Is Slab a breeder?
    Is he trying to sell pups?
    Did he ask/want your critique?
    Or was he simply saying he likes the looks of his pup and the shape of lab heads in general?
    Gosh we sure hope not........ But I agree w/ yellowbelly. Don't understand what part of NO some don't understand but I'll repeat. There is NO dilute gene in the Labrador pool. Doesn't matter if he/she likes the head or not. It's not a Lab.

    WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

  9. #7
    jertom's Avatar
    jertom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    Gosh we sure hope not........ But I agree w/ yellowbelly. Don't understand what part of NO some don't understand but I'll repeat. There is NO dilute gene in the Labrador pool. Doesn't matter if he/she likes the head or not. It's not a Lab.
    Maybe, Just Maybe this need to continue to put people down is one of the reasons there's nobody on this forum!
    When you have all the answers you certainly don't need it, and if you're not helping others, why stay?

  10. #8
    windycanyon's Avatar
    windycanyon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    C. WA
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    That's possible. I know I joined this *Labrador* (Just Labradors, no less, lol) forum a goodly number of years ago... 20+ anyhow-- a lot longer ago than you. More has changed here than just the diluters polluting the gene pool.
    Btw, you really don't know what may be happening behind the scenes as far as helping others. Thankfully there are still a few folks serious about the breed who are here. They are not all posting publicly. Some have gone to Facebook too. Lots of good forums there where people can't hide behind screen names.

    WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

  11. #9
    jertom's Avatar
    jertom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    That's possible. I know I joined this *Labrador* (Just Labradors, no less, lol) forum a goodly number of years ago... 20+ anyhow-- a lot longer ago than you. More has changed here than just the diluters polluting the gene pool.
    Btw, you really don't know what may be happening behind the scenes as far as helping others. Thankfully there are still a few folks serious about the breed who are here. They are not all posting publicly. Some have gone to Facebook too. Lots of good forums there where people can't hide behind screen names.
    Look, let me try this; if and when a poster believes they have a full pedigree Lab,
    (I do) and appearance says it's not, then go ahead and tell them.
    My problem is folks may not be getting help with: puppy socializing, crate training, dog food, obedience training, etc.. when they're insulted and put down right off the bat.
    Apologies if I was rude in previous post.

  12. #10
    jertom's Avatar
    jertom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    267

    DefaultRocco Alexander

    forgot to attach
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Lab Love
    By mrmjp in forum Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 04:23 PM
  2. Love my Lab
    By Tuxtable28 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 01:22 PM
  3. Not a Lab But You'll Love This
    By Cappy_TX in forum Lab Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 10:58 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 08:05 AM
  5. Question about lab heads
    By jzgrlduff in forum Lab Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 02:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25