Meet Phoebe!

Thread: Meet Phoebe!

MissyM is offline Member

DefaultMeet Phoebe!

021.jpg023.jpg048.jpg

Sorry not the best pictures. My camera is on the fritz. Phoebe is from a black American(field)?? Lab mother and a Chocolate English bred father. She was born on June 22nd, we brought her home 2 days ago. Any clue if she is going to look like a field lab or an English lab? She came from a litter of 9 puppies 8 males and her. she is larger than about half of her siblings.

Anyways, she is wonderful. So happy go lucky. So intelligent and much fun!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

My Lab I lost 2 years ago was 1/2 field and 1/2 bench (English), he looked like a bench bred Lab but was taller like a field bred Lab. I did neuter him just before he was 1 year old, (bad idea!), so I am sure that contributed to his legginess. Ozzy was a great dog and I miss him every day. Pheobe is a cutie, welcome to the forum!
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

MissyM is offline Member

Thank you. That brings me to my next question, at what age should I spay her?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Welcome MissyM & Phoebe!!! I will let others answer your spay question, but if you do a search on it, there is a lot of info. Looking forward to lots of puppy pics as Miss Phoebe grows

MissyM is offline Member

She is quite a character already I promise to keep pictures coming

I have researched and found so many contradictory opinions. lol.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Thank you. That brings me to my next question, at what age should I spay her?
    The best time is between 18 and 24 months as long as you are responsible and can keep your girl safe. I have never waited as long as I did with Maxx, who just turned 2 in July, and I see a huge difference. The contract I signed with his breeder specified I agreed not to neuter before 18 months. I did a lot of research and my vet agreed that waiting was the best thing. I know many vets push early spay/neuter but many also push yearly vaccinations. My vet does not and I know I am lucky to have found one that agrees with me. My previous vet did not and would fight me yearly on the vaccination issue. I hated going there. I am sure you will do your own research and make the best decision for Pheobe and yourself.
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

MissyM is offline Member

She can easily be kept safe. All the vets in this area are pushy vets. At least mine is pushy because of care for the animals. There are a few nearby who are pushy to line their pockets. There are 5 vets at my clinic. 2 are livestock vets mainly, 2 deal with dogs and cats, and the last one is dogs and cats and exotics(well some I guess - lizards, birds, snakes). Only one of them thinks her word is made out of gold and that she is the all mighty of the animal world though(for some reason, I tend to get her...a lot...lol.

Olive's mom is offline Senior Member

She is adorable.