Been a while

Thread: Been a while

Harleys Momma is offline Junior Member

DefaultBeen a while

I posted pictures of my girl a while back when I was working on getting her weight down (my MIL is of the mind set that a dog isnt happy unless its fat). That was a couple years ago, shes now down 20lbs from when I started and on a better quality food. Her coat is so shiny and we may be working on a new home for her with several acres to run on (shes technically my in-laws dog that I care for. FIL refuses to get rid of her and just leaves her alone in their tiny backyard and shes picked up many bad habits because of it, but my parents may be interested in taking her and I think I can talk FIL into letting my parents take her if I can get her better trained and teach her all the rules for my parents.

So we have been making trips to my parents and bringing her along so I can work on teaching her the rules and get her behaving before we talk to my dad and FIL about it. Shes sooo good at my parents place though. Shes like a completely different dog. I always told MIL she needs a place with a big yard and sure enough, thats EXACTLY what she needed. So here are a few picture from the last couple weekends when we were over there with her.

Her first time getting to actually run probably in years. My boy was giving her the tour

Shes a pretty stocky girl so it doesnt show well but her ribs are very easily felt (sometimes you can see the last few)

I wish this one came out but its still funny

She had a blast playing in grass for the first time in years

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Age order 5,4,3

Crazy eyes

Rolling around in the ground cover

Chasing a rabbit that ran through the fence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kind of shows her tuck better

A rare shot of her not composed

Heres an old pic of her dull coat and no waist

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

She's beautiful! She has such an expressive face~! I am so glad you have taken her under your wing and you are helping her...
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

kassabella is offline Senior Member

In the first photo I thought she looked good and I could see her ribs. She has come a long way with you.
    Tessa is a chunky girl so understand.

Love the pics.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Thank you! Shes so much happier when we are at my parents. I always had a hard time bonding with her because shes so stubborn and hard headed but Ive noticed a HUGE change in our bond and its so wonderful. You can just see how happy she when shes running, nose to the ground, following the scent of whatever creature was around.

You can faintly see her ribs when she inhales. Im actually pulling a few more pounds off her because we recently figured out (in taking her to my parents property where she actually can run, my inlaws yard is so small she doesnt go faster than a jog) but we are pretty sure she has a luxating patella so I have her on joint supplements and Im getting a couple more unneeded pounds off her (she tolerates a sweater when shes at my parents so I can stick one of my boys sweaters on her when its cold since Im pulling the last bit of weight off.. shes going to be getting a nice girly one for Christmas) and have already started seeing a huge difference in her movement. She wouldnt/couldnt jump over things and rarely ran but now shes running a lot and she can run up to a low wall in the yard and jump right over it without breaking stride and run up the hill on the other side where before she jogged up to it, stopped and stepped one foot at a time over it then slowly made her way up the hill but she actually avoided the steep hills at first and now shes taking the short cuts up the steep hills as well... its wonderful to see her moving better and so much happier.

TheDuke is offline Junior Member

The 4th picture down is great. The gray dog looks really muscular and the pic shows off the build!

Duke - 8 Months