Jax at 4 months - getting so big
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jax at 4 months - getting so big

kromulok is offline Senior Member

DefaultJax - pictures

I felt like posting a picture of our puppy Jax. Nothing really to say here just wanted to share His food bloat issues have subsided and the break fast bowl is a huge help in that. Our little guy is getting pretty big but is still quite lean. Last weigh in was two weeks ago and he was 34lbs. This picture is today and I am guessing he is getting close to 40lbs. Vet says he is going to be a "hundy" as in a 100lber. Says he is lean and looking great but probably genetically just going to be a big dog. Jax's grandpa is 115 lber at age 12. I sure hope he doesnt get that big. Comes from a deep hunting line of breed. His dad was on the cover of pheasant hunting magazine last march.

Anyhow, here he is

jax 4 months.jpg
    Last edited by kromulok; 01-07-2013 at 10:48 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

18 weeks old yesterday and in the last 3 days he has lost 5 puppy teeth! yay finally getting rid of those needle shart teeth

He has either destroyed or grown out of all of his puppy toys and nylabones and chews, so saturday we went to the store and bought each dog a harness (never tried them before but wow best walk ever with both dogs - they loved them) and a bunch of kong toys and nylabone chews... ended up spending 111.00 lol. He is a happy puppy. Then we also got him a kiddie pool and wow - he loves it so much.

jax pool.JPG
    Last edited by kromulok; 06-04-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

He's a cutie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kb7kuh is offline Member

They do grow so fast! Ours is 75lbs at 9 1/2 months.
    Don & Judy

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

He's a handsome boy! Our vet told us to double the 4 month weight and that is about full grown weight. Sophie was 40 lb at 4 months and is 78 now that she is 13 1/2 months. So I am thinking that must be a good way to guess the adult size. We have about given up on toys for Sophie! She can destroy even the tough ones! We hit up a yard sale and bought her a real football and basketball. She has sure had fun with them! She has managed to tear most of the leather off the football and the basketball is kind of squishy so she can grab it easily. She loves it when we toss it in her pool and is goes "splat"! She dives in after it. Our son gave her an old baseball mitt too. We took out the laces and she has had a ball chewing it.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

hellosusieqz is offline Member

Holy cow!! Ours is 14 weeks right now. Hard for me to imagine him getting that big by the end of the month!!

Here is a new picture of Jax with Shady. Jax is 5 1/2 months old now and really turning into a beautiful dog (yes im bias lol). He is bigger than Shady now, but my old 12 year old girl is still alpha! hehe...

jax and shady.jpg

Just over 7 months old now... He sure is getting big. I think I am doing a good job at keeping him lean and fit. This lil guy sure has some strength and muscles holy cow! We just love him to death. I tried to get another side by side picture with Jax and our other dog Shady for comparison in just the last 6 weeks or so. Also just got back from the dog park and adding some water pictures He just loves swimming!

shady_jax_1.jpgshady_jax_2.jpgjax in water.jpgLeaping Jax1.jpg

Ruby's Mom is offline Member

I don't know about the doubling the 4 month weight, Ruby was 40 lbs at 4 months and is only 55 at 13 months lol, she is my little pretty one!

So Jax is almost a year old now and I thought I would share some pictures of his first snow! He is getting so big and is a lot of fun to be outside with!

jax1.jpgjax2.jpgjax3.jpgjax4.jpg

And here is our old lady Shady in her 13th winter... she is catching snowflakes !

shady1.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast